Ever Come Face To Face With An Apostate???

by Hunyadi 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Wow, I remember when I was 19, newly married with my first kid, and was very zealous for the work of the WT. I was working in a building supplies store when in walks a fella by the name of Peter Barnes! OMG it was HIM! The scariest, most evil apostate known to mankind! My first encounter with him was at district convention when I was 9, and I recognized that english accent as soon as he opened his mouth. He was "The Old Genteman" personified, and I could see the demons just oozing out of his pours and I knew if we made eye contact I would turn to stone!

When he approached me for help to find some hardware, I did not help him but instead walked away like the scared, self-righteous little JW that I was.

I regret being that way to him, and if he is still around, I send out my sincere apologies to him for my rudeness. Sorry Peter. I am better now.

Corvin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That has got to be one of the best descriptions of how controled and manipulated the JWs areally are. Now that we are free we see that thosewho have left are just normal people - no horns, no tail, not scary at all in fact. But the feelings and images they arouse in an active JW are strong enough to make normal people do the rudest things to people they know.

So glad you are now free of that control

• sf
    sf

Why not write or call him letting him know?:

Jehovah's Witnesses
    ... A new revision of this book in which Peter Barnes effectively dismantles the Witnesses'
    arguments ... refutes the claim of JW's that it is an apostate concept and ...
    www.ras.org/_catalog/jw.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Newslettersshort
    ... such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines…
    [of ... Out of Darkness Into Light Ministry Peter Barnes Tel: (619) 258-7080 Fax ...
    www.challengemin.org/html%20pages/april1996.htm - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• franklin J
    franklin J

LOL at Hunyadi,

corvin; I am sure Old Peter understands! Just like the rest of us do! Go easy on yourself and get a good laugh out of this. I am sure Old Peter laughed at you also!

regards, Frank

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Every time I look in the mirror? scary! He he?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

funny anecdote:

one at a convention, a well dressed man of asian ethnicity stood outside the convention center on the main path back to the close-by hotels. (it was easier for many people to walk then use the limited parking arrangements). He stood there earnestly trying to hand out flyers, which of course we shunned, realizing he was an apostate. He looked sad but kept on trying. I realized afterwords the poor guy owned a Chinese buffet across from the hotels and was just trying to offer a discount to conventioners. I bet he stood there thinking "What a bunch of assholes"

• blondie
    blondie

Several, but the scariest one is Mouthy. (smile)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    He looked sad but kept on trying. I realized afterwords the poor guy owned a Chinese buffet across from the hotels and was just trying to offer a discount to conventioners. I bet he stood there thinking "What a bunch of assholes"

LOL - funniest thing I've read all day!

• Mary
    Mary

Yes I saw James Penton in a Lethbridge department store years ago when I was a good Dub. The older sister I was with told me not to even look at him. I snuck a look when she wasn't watching, expecting to be turned into a pillar of salt for my efforts. At that time I was sure he was the spaw of Satan and I was really freaked out when I saw him levitate right off the ground------but it was just him getting on the escalator.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

People Suck!!!

and i mean myself as well.

The old me at least

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit