Baptism in whose name?

by SharonUT 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tracysdad
    tracysdad

the wt baptizes in the name of the father, son, & the "spirit-directed organization." I don't recall what wt issue it came out of but it's there.

• outnfree
    outnfree

SharonUT,

I am happy to see that you've finally had the gumption to tell the visiting Witnesses that you really aren't interested (this was a subject of conversation in chat -- last weekend?) I think you handled yourself very well.

In the meantime, the answer to your question as well as some interesting background and insight can be found at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=6490&site=3#75845

The subject is Baptism, Legalism ...

It makes reference to the two questions used since 1985 for baptismal candidates.

Hope this answers your question.

outnfree

• SharonUT
    SharonUT

Thanks outnfree - you've been very helpful to me. I didn't want the JW visits to just end with no reason for it... I wanted them to understand that I had indeed looked at their organization and that what it taught. I did not find additional truths there, nor an organization that upholds my personal spiritual experiences (nor study.) In the end, I think they are an off-shoot of the Adventist movement with some truth, some error, and a people looking to serve God. Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit