J.W. Congregation Cleared of Abuse Charges

by Kenneson 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Anderson said he thinks the ruling gives Jehovah's Witnesses the freedom to live by their own laws

They always have, friends, they always have, and that's what makes the borg so dangerous!

• loveis
    loveis

Wasn't this the case that CNN's Connie Chung raked the WTS about back in August 2002?

Also, didn't she read a letter from the WTS that really got a few peoples' ire up?

• loveis
    loveis

Here is a link to the full text of the decision for us lawyer wannabes (or even not-so-wannabes):

http://www.courts.state.mn.us/opinions/coa/current/opa031142-0309.htm

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    This is a disappointing loss but it is also an opportunity to let the public know that their children are at risk.

The courts are telling the public that they are responsible for their own children,. Therefore this would be a good time for a public education campaign (especially in the Twin Cities) that JW's hide pedophiles and send them to your door. The courts won't hold the Watchtower responsible for their pedophiles, therefore parents should refuse access to JW's when they are in the community.

It should also be told to active JW's that the Watchtower simply doesn't care. Their children can be abused and elders can tell them to shut up about it. So they are better off not letting their children be alone with any witness because if something happens they are on their own.

I pity the children of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Uzzah

I am going to quote your comments but not your name etc. to someone later today or tomorrow in an Email. You will be blind copied. hawk

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Let?s see if I've got this right....

• Even though the law requires them to report child molestation... they really don't have to.
    • If a parent discovers that their child is being molested, the elders can threaten to have them shunned if they warn anyone.
    • If the molester attacks another child, the Elders who knew about the molesters past cannot be held responsible for actively hiding the fact that the person was a molester.
    • The Elders have the right to actively encourage a child molester to go door-to-door, "supervised" by someone who does not even know they are a child molester (remember, no one is allowed to tell anyone about the molester)
    • It is the parent?s responsibility to protect their children from an anonymous child molester, and the people who know about the child molester cannot tell anyone else about him or face shunning and being condemned by "god".

Amazing... the elders literally tell people that informing parents about a child molester is a serious sin that will draw God's condemnation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Since the WTS-BATS policies on Child Molestation are criminal, perhaps a criminal venue would be more satisfactory in these suits against them.

Frannie B

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Point of Clarification:

Even though the law requires them to report child molestation... they really don't have to.

The Statutory law created by the government requires the clergy to report in this particular State. If he (or they) fail to report then he (or they) can be charged and end up in front of the "criminal courts" and may face a fine if convicted. The fine would be paid to the courts.

This appeal deals with Civil and NOT criminal law. What this appeal court is saying is that elders and the WTS corporation will NOT be liable in a civil court of law since there is no "tort" in the paper work filed by the plaintiff's lawyer that is recognized in the laws of Minnestota at this time. This is similar to the Bryan R. v. Watchtower case in Maine where the lawyers failed to bring a proper "tort" and failed to bring proof in the claim that the "tort" exists.

I hope you see the difference.

hawk

• sf
    sf

hawkaw,

Seems you have a plan. Let 'us' know what we can do to help. I have some of my own plans, yet would like to be of any assistance in yours.

Are you planning too to make some phone calls to these judges?

You know, I've stated in the past that the ex jws here who know WT policy and can disect it inside/ out are the ones who must contact these judges and educate them. Much like what Uzzah has pointed out. Perhaps a national conference with keynote speakers like Uzzah, Norm, Alan, Doug, Barb, Bowen, and a host of others who are masters at breaking down these policies for the layman, etc., to comprehend.

They simple have no clue as to why this decision is so devastating to all WT kids still trapped by this insane policy. Not to mention kids whose parents are about to enter into this insanity.

WE MUST BE THEIR VOICES! THEY MUST BE HEARD.

Anyone watch 48 hours last night about ANGELA SHELTONS journey back into her abusive childhood? It was rivoting to say the least. SHE MADE HER VOICE A VOICE FOR ALL OF US. Now let us be the voices for all the WT kids that were and will never be heard because of these damned judges that just don't get it. Or worse yet, as it appears to me, they simply don't care about these kids. Why? It appears that it may be because WATCHTOWER IS NO PART OF THIS WORLD...SOCIETY. So why would any judge really care one way or the other. It appears they don't want these cases in their courtrooms because wt and jws contribute nothing to the production of THIS SOCIETY (WORLD).

WE MUST DO MORE! TO GET THE CLUES OUT THERE.

sKally

• sf
    sf
  • sf
    sf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit