Behind the Scenes of "The New World Society"----A Spiritual Paradise?

by Blueblades 16 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I have tons of secular management experience but I can tell you by far the worst, most acrimonious meetings I have ever attended have been elder's meetings...

Another elder and I, who was also business savvy, used to compare notes and express our amazement at the poor quality of these meetings -- the lack of advance planning, the lack of any meaningful discussion of issues, the obvious reluctance on the part of many elders to get involved or volunteer for any extracurricular responsibilities, etc.

After attending so-called "schools" for elders, we'd review the program and were both appalled at how little substance there was, how boring the presentations were, and most of all -- how irrelevant it all was. Worse, any efforts to "organize" or ""modernize" things was viewed as an effort to take control or introduce "worldly practices" into the cult and quickly squashed by the ignorant leadership, which constituted the majority.

Today, I'm still in business but gone from the congo. He's still in both, having made the mistake years ago of building his company on business relationships with a long list of JW customers. He can't leave without losing 80% of them.

• Mary
    Mary
    I TOLD THE ELDERS WHO WERE LOOKING INTO THIS MATTER, THAT THEY NEEDED THE S**T KICKED OUT OF THEM. I WAS PROMPTLY DF'D ON THE CHARGE OF HAVING FITS OF RAGE.

Oh my god, you're kidding!! Disfellowshipped for having fits of rage when they did nothing about your daughter's sexual abuse..........yep, makes perfect sense eh..........what a bunch of assholes.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Blueblades,

from our perspective on the "outside" it is clear that the WTS is like any other closed group ; they think with a "Pack" ( as in wolf pack) mentality" and we are the clear recipients of what it means to "dare to think or be any differently".

We all recognize them and their thinking for who and what they are .

Frank

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Willyloman,

I guess it is getting a bit off subject but it is true elders meeting reflect the more unorganized side of the 'Organization'.

Before I was secretary, there were never any minutes taken or issued. Nothing ever got done properly because people were tasked to do jobs but then forgot. Often these were quite serious things like a brother being considered for an elder but some 'improvement' needed to made. Next thing you know, it would get round to the next pre-CO's visit, no action would have been done, so the poor guy gets overlooked once again.

eyeslice

• Freddy Krueger
    Freddy Krueger
    Behind the scenes,Alcoholism is prevelant among staff members, there are the distraught wives of the headquarters staff, immoral behavior, suicides, this is kept hidden from the membership around the world.All of it is documented, yet, under threat of vilification and fear of man, many serve with mute obedience.

This is the movie they should be showing. Actually there was a movie like this, I believe it was called "Animal House." But the society didn't put it out. It's their turn now. Too many lives are being ruined becaues of their hidden sin, and their sheeps clothing.

-Freddy

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Is this the film?

Why is it R rated for violence and language, or is this a mistake?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Blueblades,

That is the Society video that I hated! I had started a thread awhile back to see if others felt the same way - but I never went back and named the video. But this is the one video that turned my stomach. Gave me a creepy feeling.

Now I see your take on it, and it's just interesting to look at this that way. Makes sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit