Are you a highly sensitive soul???????? Good Article!

by Sunnygal41 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Billy:

I don't see "auras" per se, it's something hard to explain. I wish I could think of the photography term for this, but it escapes my mind at the present time. It is like when you see an object on a screen, and it moves, but there's a slight impression left of it where it once was. But it's faster than that. Like you, these "impressions" are in sometimes colors, mostly a buttery yellow, or a gray. It tells me that the person is either very ill, or very healthy. I have seen a few people like this, not many, where the "impression" of the color is a very purplish gray, and I know intuitively they are seriously ill, even if they are up and walking around. It's only happened three times, and mostly in the last five years. The yellow color impresses upon me robust health, cheerfulness, and optimism and I am naturally drawn to people like that.

My husband used to think I was a crackpot, but I can also understand when animals are telling me something. Not by any voices, or anything that silly... but I seem to intuitively know what they are indicating. If someone tells me that animals don't have emotions, it just shocks me that they would seriously think that and believe it. The neighbor and I took her dog to the vet the other night, and I was convinced he had intestinal problems. Turns out I was totally right on, even with the diagnosis of Parvo.

Like homey: crowded "anywheres" are too intense for me, sometimes. I don't even go to malls anymore because of the overstimulation. The older I get, the worse it gets. Intense emotional situations drain me and make my skin break out, headaches, and back aches. After the Apostofest last time in Dallas, as several of you mentioned: I was physically drained for a week. I am considered a recluse by my friends, and don't really go much of anywhere because it's just too much. I used to think my JW mom was a nut, because she would always do everything in the dark. Now I know why.. she is just like me. ARGH!!

I am also a highly creative person and artist. I write, paint, and play music. But unfortunately, I have the attention span of a flea, and can't ever excel at any of these things unless I am forced to turn in on a deadline for class! Otherwise, I do these things only in spurts. I have four paintings I'm working on for the last year, and always read three books at the same time, and some renovations on the house that have been going on for a year which should have only taken a month at most. I am afraid I aggravate the husband with my ADD... hehhehe. But he's very tolerant, and is quite pleased when a project gets done.

I have been reading a little up on autism, especially of the case of Temple Grandin, a high-functioning autistic, and I am convinced there's some link to this personality trait and autism. I don't know why, just think so. Here's a link to her research on herself. Absolutely fascinating, please take the time to read it and I think you will be astounded by what she has purveyed about sensitivity in thought, feeling, and emotion:

http://www.grandin.com/inc/visual.thinking.html

CG

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Do you ever suffer from sensory overload? Dr Elaine Aron thinks 15% to 20% of the population regularly do. She sees it as an evolutionary survival trait that nevertheless causes problems in our noisy, frenetic modern world. I get her newsletter by email so I did a search on here and found this article.

Her website is www.hsperson.com

Perhaps some lovely person could make this clickable please.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

http://www.hsperson.com/

Yep here's another one.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Witness My Fury, thank you. I just wanted to put it out there. Elaine Aron's books helped me so much.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read this book and believe I am a HSP. I always thought I was weird because things that other people enjoyed, like parties, were excruciatingly painful to me. I would enjoy them for a bit, but then get overwhelmed by the lights and noise and trying to talk to so many different people. I absolutely cannot stand overhead lights, and will often do things in low light rather than turn the lights on, which my husband doesn't understand.

It was difficult when we were first married, because my husband is a very affectionate person, and likes to hold hands and even walk arm in arm (and he still does). He also loves to eat out and do a lot of things on the weekends which was nice, but sometimes I felt I was getting sensory overload, too much food, touch, sight and sounds. We learned to compromise, but sometimes I wish he was like other guys and just watched sports on TV so I could just stay home.

It's hard being this sensitive, but it is also a gift at times. I can sometimes pick up nuances in conversations that others miss. I am also artistic and creative and when I am in the groove the ideas just seem to flow, and that is a wonderful feeling, so being sensitive a good thing at times.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's a perfect description of a highly sensitive person LisaRose, the negative and the positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit