Pregnancy

by Phil 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

When I was in my pre-teens (old enough to know about "periods" but not old enough to know about the mechanics of sex) one of the older teenagers in the congregation got pregnant. Her father was an elder. She was not DFd. Apparently "it" only happened once.

I remember some Sisters? talking about her after the Book Study? one night. Some were outraged that she wasn't DFd and said she didn't deserve a baby shower because it would make her think that what she had done was OK. Others defended her and said that "it" only happened once. One smug Elder's Wife? chortled: "Well talk about your lucky shots!" The rest of the hens cackled at this woman's "quick wit".

Ten years later, her own daughter got pregnant out of wedlock, and they kept it hushed up and had a quickie type wedding to make the pregnancy seem legitimate. Seven months later, the daughter had an 8-and-a-half pound "preemie".

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Love, Scully

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

It all depends on how repentent the girl is, lots of tears, 'I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart', I'll never see that person again. If that is the case the girl will be reproved. It really depends on her whole hearted repentance....otherwise, she's df'd.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I know of a lovely girl who started bar hopping like crazy and sleeping around so much they weren't sure who the father was until it was born, she never got df'd or shunned, they even had several baby showers and not too much was said openly about it.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

The Spanish Inquistion was started over pre-marital sex. I think that alot of it has to do with anger by married people that were scared enough by tradition that they got married at 18 or so just to have sex. The irony is pre-marital sex is never condemned in the bible.

Come on now, who is really ready for marriage at 18? hahahaha. You think getting married at 18 legitimizes sex? If anything its less legitimate. I wouldnt enter a lifelong contract perhaps way too early just because I was in a hurry to "have a woman." Thats just silly.

Anyone notice how JWs kids tend to get married much younger? I remember an 18 year old guy marrying a 16 year old girl in my grandparents congregation back around 1991. They should have just done it discreetly and used a condom if they were that horny. Now they are stuck with eachother regardless of whether or not they made a mistake.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Has anyone have any information on can or will the WT forgive a girl that gets pregnant out of wedlock.

Nope,

Not even if the girl's name is Mary and she is the mother of Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit