Son's going to Mexico, HELP

by kls 23 Replies latest jw friends

• fader
    fader

Check out the State Department's travel site:

www.travel.state.gov

Good information on health concerns, security issues, contacts if you get in trouble, etc. As long as they are careful and don't act as the stereotypical 'ugly American' they should be fine.

I don't know why it is, but American's always seem to forget their brains when they're packing.

And yes, I'm an American. I'm also a consular officer. Do my colleagues in Mexico a favor and don't get arrested or killed. It creates paperwork.

• dawn27
    dawn27

It is a very beautiful place and the locals are very friendly. I would be cautious about buying some of the discounted "silver" jewelry on the beach. I bought a necklace and earrings and they made my skin break out and the "silver" peeled off,, Oh, and chile reinos are good (green chilies stuffed with white cheese) but the jalepenos in Mexico are much hotter than the ones here and you don't want to eat very many of them or they will burn all the way down and you will have some major heartburn.. I did that my first night there. Parasailing is a blast and it feels just like you are floating through the air without a care in the world. I recommend it. The sunset party boats are fun, too, but you'll want to keep an eye on the bartender. They give you free drinks during the three hour boat ride and play some really good music, but the margaritas are about 3/4 tequila and it only takes a couple to get pretty snockered. You are having so much fun and they keep putting a new drink in your hand so it is pretty easy to loose track of how many you've had. I ended up tipping a handsome deck-hand about $50 that I needed to buy souveniers,, They will probably need to bring their birth certificates as insurance against any trouble at the border. I got pretty tan and I have dark hair and dark eyes. So, they thought I was a local and I got questioned and detained until my parents showed them my birth certificate. Passports would suffice, too, I'm sure. I just didn't have one at the time. I hope they have a very fun and safe trip.

• kls
    kls

Again we would like to thankyou all for youre info.and experiances. Every page has been printed out and will read to all that are going. You guys are the best KLS

• Valis
    Valis

I dunno if someone already posted this, but having an extra copy of your birth certificate and leaving it w/the hotel is highly recomended.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit