My Wife Wants To Go To The Memorial!

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think she's not ready to let go of that. I told her if she really felt she had to go, I would go with her at a different Hall. I DON'T want to go!!!

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Min, why do you have to go at all? You just said that she wanted to... not that she wanted you to.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

my wife will be dragging me to the Hall minimus -- and anyway I have to keep up the pretense -- tempted to partake of the emblems though -- that would raise a few eyebrows!!!!!!!!!

• kls
    kls

If youre wife want's to go why do you feel the need to go with her? It is her choice . KLS

• minimus
    minimus

Well, if anyone of you have a spouse that is "out" but still feels strongly about certain things, you might understand that it's not always just about me. I have to take her into consideration. She still has objections to crosses, Christmas and many other holidays. I've talked her about the scriptures not EVER suggesting anything about "observers" yet she feels it's wrong not to go. Now, obviously, I COULD say to her to go on her own, but I think she's come a LONG wat in a very short time. Maybe I should just tell her that if she feels the need to go this year, it's up to her but I won't go......Hell, I went to meetings for a few years and my heart was not in it and I finally stopped when I felt it was time. I just am trying to consider HER feelings---not just my own.

• kls
    kls

Minimus, If that is how you feel ,do what you need to do. I asked because nothing could make me go ,nothing ,nobody. Youre a good husband . KLS

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Min, I was simply asking because it wasn't clear... but I would still suggest that you being a good husband has nothing to do with you going with her if she hasn't asked you to.

There's a fine line between paternalism and support... just sayin', is all. She's perfectly capable of handling it on her own - so why would you be going? To make her feel better? Or to avoid a discussion you don't want to have? Whatever the reason is is fine... but you probably want to be clear on it first.

• blondie
    blondie

If it is the spiritual aspect she is interested in, then she will go to a KH where no one knows either of you (that might be hard).

If it is missing the spiritual aspect of it, why not do it at home. If your spirituality is not tied to a specific group of people but rather to the Bible....

Get some wine and unleavened bread. Get out the Bible and read the Gospel accounts of the LEM rather than the re-run by Paul.

If you lived closer, we could get together and have a nice discussion of what the ransom means for ALL humankind.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Phantom, I'll be clear....When your wife looks at you in such a way that shows she feels a certain way but would HOPE that you might accompany her to something you don't believe in, then sometimes, you do something for the benefit of your family, to please, yes---even to compromise....How do YOU know "what she is perfectly capable of handling on her own"? I think you must know her a lot better than i do.

• JH
    JH

Don't stop her from going if she wants to go. Let her free do to as she pleases. She must know by now where you stand, and why you don't go to meetings anymore.

I wouldn't worry with this one day a year event.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit