Did you ever catch an Elder doing something "Un-theocratic"?

by tazmaniac 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I remember finding 2 week old lottery tickets in a Elders car I was working on. He said they must have been from the previous owner. He owned the car for over a year and a half and the lottery tickets were just a little over two weeks old.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I was a kid my dad was working on something in the garage and suddenly swore when something went wrong.

OMG!!!! I could not believe it when I heard it!!!!!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Found some Sex-Site-adresses in the browser history. Some months later he was DFed for adultery. I do not know if there was a connection... My father helped a fellow elder moving. There was a lottery slip with his adress behind the fridge...

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

An arrogant JW elder works for me and I have heard him use the "f" word and the "s" word many, many times. (Uh, and I think he occasionally calls me the "b" word behind my back! )

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Same as German I caught my ex with the temporary Internet Files and cookies to sex sites. There was another elder who would check out girls in the cong. I caught him a few times looking a young sisters asses. Then he would make comments like "whatever turns you on". What a jhol!

• sandy
    sandy

Is being drunk at the meeting and smelling like alcohol in-theocratic?

This elder used to come to the KH and be obviously buzzed. At book study (in his home) he used to slur his words during his comments and while reading the paragraphs.

He was deleted many times for his excessive drinking.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Well this probably doesn't qualify, but I was once out in service with a circuit overseer, an elder and the elder's pioneer wife. It was a rainy day so we were doing return calls, instead of working territory and getting completely soaked.

Well if you've been in a situation like that you know that you're in a cramped car for most of three hours so you start talking. Well as the conversation progressed, the CO explained that it's okay to lie! But that the lie had to be told to "advance kingdom interest." This sparked an argument in the car-group, as the other elder didn't buy it. Well after field service we got back to the KH, went down to the library and the CO pulled out an old Watchtower that confirmed what he said. I was shocked. That was my first introduction to "theocratic warfare".

So is that theocratic or un-theocratic, I'm confused?

• reboot
    reboot

Does constantly eyeing me up like a perv,stealing thousands of pounds of equipment, talking about his sex life graphically, lying, swearing, telling everyone he was hounded out of work when really he left quickly as he's been exposed as a dirty old man, sexual harassment in the work place,giving talks about honesty,along with bribery and cheating other witnesses out of property/money count?

but still appointed by jehovah apparently.......and still an elder......

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Well, this hardly compares to some of the other stories here, but I once worked at a restaurant as a cook. The waitresses kept talking about this waiter on another shift who was a real player, although it was unclear whether or not he actually slept with any of them, or just talked like he did. I finally got to meet him. Turns out, it was a local elder.

Also, at a retail store where I worked, my boss mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses, said he would never accept their literature, because the two worst customers we had were dubs, an elder and his wife in fact. When they would special order cases of Atkins bars, and they would fail to arrive because the manufacturer was out of stock, they would start yelling at my boss and telling him to "get off his lazy ass and drive to the factory and get it, dammit!" The factory was a ten-hour drive away. Next time they came in, I slipped around the corner so they couldn't see me, and I heard the whole thing. The looks on their faces when I came around the corner were priceless!

• dustyb
    dustyb

hah, an elder doing something "un-theocratic". I've never heard such a thing!

elders live a life just like anyone else. they do the exact same things we do, they just condone it. but one elder, if i ever see him looking at my g/f the way he did, WILL get a thump on the head..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit