Sex Offender Database

by Schizm 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

Interested in knowing who and where those are in YOUR neighborhood who are registered Sex Offenders?

If so, then go to Google and type in "Registered Sex Offenders in Texas". (Of course you would enter the particular state where YOU live in place of "Texas".

If you do happen to live in Texas, go to

http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/default.cfm

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "I have read the Web Site Caveats and agree to the terms"

All that is necessary is to just type your zip code into the appropriate window, under "Location" near the bottom of the page.

By running the search using my zip code I just learned that there are 3 sex offenders living relatively close to me. One of these jerks lives just up the road from me, only a few houses away.

Schizm

• gumby
    gumby

Does anybody know if there is a hunting season for these sick bastards? Do you need a tag like you do when hunting deer? When does the season open?

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... there are three in my zip code!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Elsewhere,

The 3 sex offenders that I mentioned were just those that lived relatively close to me. Actually, there were 19 within the entire city where I live (a population of less than 15,000).

Perhaps it would be good to print copies of these reports, with their photos and all, and then go pin them on bulletin boards in the various businesses around town. I wonder what "law" a person would be trespassing if that were done? For example, I wonder if it would be considered a form of harassment?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumby,

Does anybody know if there is a hunting season for these sick bastards? Do you need a tag like you do when hunting deer? When does the season open?

Gumby

Yes, those who do things like this are certainly repulsive. I think this "Megan's Law" thing was a very good thing. At least now these jerks can't hide quite as well as they once could. I'll bet you though that more often than not the families living on either side of where one of these jerks live don't even know that they are sex offenders. The only way I came to know was by performing this search on the Internet this morning.

• simplesally
    simplesally

The terrible thing here in California is that you have to go to the police and you their computer to find out if there is a sex offender in your neighborhood.

I wish it was more public-friendly........ie you could plug ANYBODY'S name in the database and see what the results are. Granted, if you put in the name Sam Smith, there would be 10 offenders or if you put the name of you new boyfriend Lou Legs you might get a guy named that on the list........then you would have to be discerning: is the guy from the same state, is there a picture of this guy, same age range, same race, etc......but at least you have a system that really can be used.

I've never been notified of an offender in my neighborhood and I would suspect having lived in a cosmopolitan area I would have lived within a few miles of at least one!!!!

• Schizm
    Schizm

I just read this at http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/news/sex_offenders.html

Megan's Law is named after seven-year-old Megan Kanka, a New Jersey girl who was raped and killed by a known child molester who had moved across the street from the family without their knowledge. In the wake of the tragedy, the Kanka's sought to have local communities warned about sex offenders in the area.

The law authorizes local law enforcement to notify the public about high-risk and serious sex offenders who reside in, are employed in, or frequent the community.

The law is not intended to punish the offender and specifically prohibits using the information to harass or commit any crime against the offender. It recognizes that public safety is best served when registered sex offenders are not concealing their location to avoid harassment.

So, I guess you'd better put yer guns away Gumby. *LOL*

• Sparks
    Sparks

Hi Gang..! ( it`s bin awhile...) That`s really intresting about the sex offender`s being listed on the web. I`m in England, and would like to know if we have the same over here. Does any-one know please...?

Love to all. Sparks

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere,

The 3 sex offenders that I mentioned were just those that lived relatively close to me

After doing the search I discovered that by coincidence there are three in my zip code too.

• JH
    JH

Is there one for Canada?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit