Portlanders let's have a beer...

by Huxley 23 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah. I actually live in Paradise. Not that its all that bad, it just does'nt compare to Oregon for beer. Coffee either, for that matter.

• kat2u
    kat2u

I lived in herlong,susanville and janesville

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, this is a classic example of why husbands should always consult with their wives before telling someone else: "Here's what we're doing."

Kate told me tonight that the plans we have for tomorrow afternoon include the MeetUp, so we'll see y'all there!

From now on, if any of you see me talking itinerary, please do me a favor and tell me to just shut up.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Excellent Onacruse! See ya guys there...

Huxley

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Kate told me tonight that the plans we have for tomorrow afternoon include the MeetUp, so we'll see y'all there!

That's my boy!

Looking forward to meeting you Huxley, see ya tomorrow.

Kate

• Huxley
    Huxley

A good time was had by all...

It was a typical rainy Portland Saturday, but we had a big full table of great people for the meetup!

It was excellent meeting you all, have a great weekend Portlanders...

Huxley

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Yeah. I actually live in Paradise.

Wow, I have relatives in Paradise. My great grandmother lived there most of her life. I have cousins and other relations all over the place. I've been there a few times when I was a child and teenager, and remember it as a pretty small town in the hills above Chico. I found out last year that one of my friend's grew up there too. Small world.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

So I finally found parking, went in and walked around, didn't see Craig or Kate, and since I was on my way to the soccer game, I didn't go about saying "Excuse me - are you former JW's?".

Glad y'all had a good time. Next time...

• Huxley
    Huxley

Yo P.S.

We almost missed some really cool folks because there was no sign on the table..

Someone wrote 'xjw meetup' on a napkin and put it on the table later, and well...next time, I think we should have something like that right at the start.

Huxley.

(Sorry I didn't get to meetcha...)

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I realized that I probably went to the wrong mcmenamin's... I went into the Ram's Head - were you there or in the one farther north on 23rd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit