Book Studies in Your Home

by Xena 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena
    insist that the elders schedule all Saturday field service groups to meet at their book study site and every week the same few people showed up for FS and you had to work with them. If they were whack jobs, this made Saturdays doubly painful.

God I remember that! I used to pray no one would show up so we could go back to bed...and then one nutty brother would show up and we would have to go out with him

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My parents, while I was growing up, had one in our home for years. It was pure hell!!!

Book study night we had to hurry up and do our homework and tidy up the house for the guests, dinner and everything else was done in a rush; my parents would be a horrible humor just trying to hurry up and still pretend to be the cleanest of homes and the perfect big spiritual family!

Then you'd get these Witnesses that had nothing better to do in life and would show up like 1 hour early and leave 1 hour or later after it was all over. I hated book study night with a passion!

DY

• sandy
    sandy

Talesin, thanks a lot! I was just about to go to lunch. Now I have to wait till that mental picture

is gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit