Did You Ever Tell An Elder Something Confidential Only To Hear It Blabbed??

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

About a month after I was "privately reproved" at a my JC meeting. A friend who is an Elder in another congregation, 50 miles away, c spoke to me at the Circuit Assembly. He said he was sorry to hear whathad happened, then proceeded to to say exactly what had taken place at my JC and a couple of other things. I asked how he knew, he said there are a couple of Elders in my congregation who can't keep their mouths shut, over anything told them.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Big mouth elders, that is a sore subject with me too. I had confided in an elder that was supposedly a personal friend too, and wouldn't ya know it, a couple of elders show up at my house three days later wanting to ask questions about it. When they prayed prior to the start of our conversation the prayer included a request that the truth be told etc etc.

After the obligatory amens, i told him i didnt like his inference that I might be lieing about something, and that they could pack their stuff up and leave me house, then told them they were never to enter my house again and that i don't put up with people coming here and accusing me of anything and insulting me on top of it either. They didn't like that and weren't going to leave so i told them you leave or i will deposit you outside my house. they left.

I then went to the house of the elder i had confided in (it was about my child) and let him know that we weren't friends anymore and that he was alousy sob. He didn't like it but wasn't of the kind to want to fight about it, i was and he knew it, i was heavy into weights and aerobics, and had spent many years in karate and kung fu. i guess his holy spirit wasn't working that day to help him 0ut.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Happens all the time- usually through the following route, as far as I have seen:

1- Elder is told something confidential (the secret).

2- Elder tells wife.

3- Elder's wife tells "confidants" while in field service or whatever.

4- "Confidants" tell their "confidants".

5a- Every busybody in the KH and surrounds has now been told the secret.

5b- There will always be those in the KH who refuse to believe the secret, even though they have heard it.

6- Elder is never reprimanded, or at worst gets a slap on the wrist.

7- Repeat steps 1 through 6 ad naseum

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

Remember the time I told you about the couple that had anal sex? All of a sudden everyone knew them as the bumf%&*# family.

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah.....They were real asses!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Well,

I'll just say that when one of my friends confided in me about her father sexually molesting her, the elder that I talked to KNEW who I was going to talk about before I even mentioned any names.

Which meant that this elder knew that this "brother" was inclined to such actions - which meant a previous record - which meant... gawd, I can't even think about the horror... I wish I was dead thinking about it. What a horrible horrible thing to realize...

This planet sucks.

CZAR

• topanga
    topanga

You guys should know better than to tell them anything, they don't have college degrees in the study of mental science. They are just typical guys if you tell them something private, of course they are going to blab. If you tell them sexual things as a woman you will for a fact end up getting raped or gang raped because they do spread sexual secrets. They interpret things like any other guy in the street. They are not trained professionals. Stop looking at them through rose colored glasses.

WT trains them to get the money thats all.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

two days before the "big announcement" at the hall after my JC (3 days prior)..I told everyone that I had told the elders to go and get @#$%$# and then @#$% and #$%&^%$ ...(out of breath) . If I had known that they would talk would I still told them to %%$#@...some more...of course.

Nadsam !

(washing mouth out with soap now, calming down with an ice bag on my head, asking wife for paper bag....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit