Would you get baptized again?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was baptized as a Catholic, when I was very young, and then baptized in my late twenties as a JW. Which leads to my question. If you joined another religion, would you get baptized AGAIN?

• kls
    kls

I also was baptized catholic,then in my late teens baptized a jw. I would never commit myself to another religion. The jws pretty much took care of any religions for me. KLS

• franklin J
    franklin J

" Hallelujah! "

" I dont care if rains or freezes.....

long as I got my plastic Jesus

ridin' on the dashboard of my car....

I can go 100mph

long as I have the Almighty power..."

la, la la la....

is this a joke thread, or what? WHY WOULD ANY ONE WANT TO REPEAT THAT PROCESS?

• shamus
    shamus

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Once was enough for me, thanks.

Besides, baptism is highly over-rated.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If I knew then what I know now... NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. I was baptized in the Episcopal Church then the JWs. I think God is satisfied with that. If he's not I don't know what to say. But I AIN'T doin' it again.

Heather

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Baptised as a baby in the catholic church.

Baptised as a pre-teen in the baptists (or was it lutherans?)

Baptised as a teen in the pentacostals.

Baptised in my twenties as a JW.

Now I am thirty-six, I think it is about time to be baptised again.

What though...hmmm Buddhist perhaps? Shinto? Shamanism?

Ive been having strong leanings towards shamanism in the past few years. Some of you may have noticed with my shape shifting comments, animal totems, irish religious connections and so forth. I will save baptism into my own created cult until my forties, since I have only four more or so years to go. But first I have to create the dogmas and holy books, and rituals and relics and all of that interesting stuff.

Would I get baptised again? Heck yea. I'd even do it in a christian church if they let me talk about Christ, whom I belive in, instead of Jesus, who I believe never even existed.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Maybe baptised with fire at armageddon!

• Valis
    Valis

I spill beer on myself all the time...does this count?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sargon
    Sargon

Good point Valis. If a religion filled a huge fish tank with beer I'd take the plunge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit