WT federal money

by peacefulpete 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I just learned that the WT has recently begun a TV ad campaign to reimage themselves as family counselors. Does anyone have details about the content of these commercials? Is this new direction for the Org. motivated by recent Federal changes that offer money to faithbased social services?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Oh no I can already imagine how stupid those ads are gonna be!

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

I'm note sure if the ads are the same ones you're referring too.....but I have seen several commerials/PSA/advertisments on TV lately by JW's. I've even seen one on the Spanish Channel, Univision. I've seen one about internet predators, and I think another one too, but I don't recall the details. They were on very early in the morning I think.....they definately caught me off-guard, I was not expecting to see Witness adds on TV!

• blondie
    blondie

Public Service Announcements (PSAs)

Time on radio and television is designated federally to non-profit groups. When you see an ad about smoking dangers, drug dangers, FEMA, American Red Cross, etc., those are under the same program. Television and radio stations are required to provide air time free of charge to groups that qualify.

See the FCC site or call a local TV station to find out what the requirements are.

http://www.fcc.gov/

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

From where did you hear this information, Blondie?

• talesin
    talesin

It's the same in Canada - PSA's get free air time, regulated by CRTC.

Worked for non-profit, so have used this perk.

tal

• heathen
    heathen

Are saying that the WTBTS is trying to get ahold of the money from government for faith based drug rehab and counseling ? Somehow that wouldn't surprise me . Since when are they not for profit ?

• GermanXJW
  • Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Ive seen some of the ads. They are on the watchtowers website jw-media.org, the link posted above by germanjw. Pay close attention, they are not about the watchtower getting money, they are about covering their bums in regards to the molestation issue, trying to make it appear that they are proactive in fighting against child molesters and in providing people with tools to recognize one and for a child to defend against one.

• avishai

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit