Bill Maher on Larry King last night

by Mulan 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Bill not only said that the terrorists were not cowards but he immediately followed that by saying 'we (the US) are the cowards. We are the ones lobbing cruise missiles at the middle east.'

Yep, and that's why he lost his show and deserved to. How desperately insenstive to hundreds of thousands of people who affected directly by a loss during 9-11 to insinuate that the terrorist-thug killers who murdered their family members "weren't cowards." And then, with his follow up comments saying that it was the US's fault, basically we caused 9-11, the terrorists were basically just defending themselves.

I admire Maher in many respects and generally enjoy listening to him. This comment was unforgiveable.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

There attacks were on places that carry a tremendous amount of symbolism in the rest of the world, particularly their own. No matter how desperate and twisted their thoughts and actions were, we do ourselves a great deal of good by getting past the blood and raw emotions of this event and ask ourselves why educated men would resort to such a life.

Because they are Islamofacists who have been convinced by terrorist murder leaders that the Western Way of Life, the captializm, free enterprise, tolerance of religion, etc. are EVIL. There is only one right way: theirs.

Yes of COURSE their acts were symbolic. That's what terrorists DO. They are not out just to kill, maim, but to destroy the morale and create fear in the hearts and minds of their victims. That's what 9-11 was all about. Hit the heart of US commerce, hit the center of or government, hit our central military command. All symbols of the American way of life.

That does nothing but prove the utter difference in their belief system and the democracies of the West, the US leading the pack. They do NOT want freedom, they do NOT want tolerance of other religions, ways of life. That's NOT a way of life that I believe we need to "understand".

• FrankChurch
    FrankChurch

I thought JW's believed in religion.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    But Maher put down Religion, I thought JW's loved religion? Or, should I say, the wacky, cult that is the JW's.

This board is mostly ex-jw's Frank.

And JW's only love their own religion. They believe that everybody else, whether intentionally or not, are following Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit