When we die....

by desib77 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Ecc. 3:10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

What I pick out from this: we are all made for eternity, even though the concept is so hard to grasp. Ecclesiastes is a good book to read.

PS 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

~***~

PS 73:22

I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.

PS 73:23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.

PS 73:24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

PS 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

PS 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

What I pick out from the above verses: That when we begin to trace the origins of all the things we love back to God, that is where love for God really begins. Finally, our deepest desire will be to be with God; not a ?manufactured? or lip-service kind, but a desire born of actually recognizing Him better and better. It is natural to want to be with the one(s) we deeply love.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Not bookstudies, nor contentedness that God is simply 'out there', but that one is finally truly united with God. Intimacy that satisfies our souls.

The way I read Revelations: In the end God does all the final sifting, and heaven comes to earth; all things are made new. God dwells together with all His people, not separated from most of them. Because He is there, earth becomes paradise. Everything will always be "new" and good for us, making life truly and fully enjoyable, forever.

Thoughts to throw in to the big pile you will sift thru.

bebu

(running and ducking...)

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

2 cor 5 6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 We live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. Paul seemed to think that he knew where he would be

• freedom96
    freedom96

Desib77 -

Regarding your question on ghosts, as a witness I grew up in a house that had one. The whole family saw it, and without question it existed. Never harmed us in any way, though I know that now I would not live in a house that had one. I saw it, heard it, etc. I believe he was probably the original owner of the house, which was built in the 1880's, and at that time, we were only the 3rd family to ever live there.

That unique experience showed me that without a doubt there is more to life than just being here on earth as we are now, and certainly it proved that the WTS is not right about everything. This was a ghost, not a demon.

I personally believe in the bible and it clearly talks of a heavenly hope for mankind, not just 144,000. What is heaven exactly? I don't know, but I bet it is awesome, and will blow our mind.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Here's an interesting website with many many experiences. It's called Near Death Experinces and the Afterlife. :

http://www.near-death.com/

also, go to GOOGLE and type in - After Death Communications - also, very interesting..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit