What will JW.org / Watchtower be like in 15 years?

by jw07 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Jonathan, I agree. Denouncing homosexuality is the new racism. The public in 10 years won't tolerate it. But also, we tend to think future changes will occur faster than they actually do...so I would stretch their lifespan longer, make it 20. Unless they change a lot of things and become more mainstream. 
  • Splash
    Splash

The JW organisation is a responsive, reactive one. It evolves according to its' surroundings.

When 'prophecies' fail, they respond with new light.
    When world conditions change, for the good or bad, they react with WT articles explaining how this fits with Bible chronology.

When all else fails, a few misquoted scientists and professors seem to keep the sheep placated.

The internet will be the death of the WT though. Once the older ones have died off the younger ones will intuitively research online and be horrified at the huge dishonesty of this organisation. Even Africa is getting online. The funds will dry up and they will be spending more than they are earning.

If you think JW's are niche now, their dwindling retention rate will see them fade into obscurity.

Splash

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Question: What will JW.org / Watchtower be like in 15 years?

Answer: At that time it will be one of the few (if not the only) religion with an international presence and unity in teachings.

In my country Roman Catholicism is shrinking so fast that the catholic church itself predicts that in 2028 there will be more JW's than catholic churchgoers. The same is happening with the protestant denominations

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

In th US There is a massive amount of dubs in there 60s.     In 15 years they will be dying off really quickly.        They make up the majority of today's elders.     The borg is going to have a really hard time replacing them.    

1914 will no longer be mentioned. Somehow they will change doctrine to get rid of it. 

The borg will lose its tax exempt status in several European countries due to their bigotry against the LBGT community. They won't change their stand and will cry persecution. 

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"A week is a long time in Politics". Harold Wilson former British Prime Minister.

Fifteen years is not long in terms of religions changing, or dying. The JW Corporate Property Business posing as a religion for tax reasons will still be around, and not dramatically changed from what it is today, is my gut feeling.

I think their strident anti-gay attitude will go underground, just as has their Racism, it still exists, but not so openly.

They will have to have some more Noo Lite "refinements" to keep the R&F active and interested, they will also be desperately trying to recruit, the losses they have from their ranks really biting into their income.

They will have realised that their laughable Website and T.V simply does not bring in new blood.

They will still be around, still appear weird, and still be a Huge Joke.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    In fifteen years, the aspects of the WTS that we thought were weird now will seem tame in comparison.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Although I can't see it happening I believe watchtower needs to fix it's internal problems. This going around pissing people off with WT magazines is just a waste of time. I look at some of these other churches and see the Hugh focus on its youth, and they are also prepared to put their money where there mouth are by setting up youth programs and counciling etc. Wt tower chooses the cheaper option of disfellowshipping  them when the problem spins out of control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit