1975 recording "Stay Alive 'til '75"

by Pathofthorns 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This REal Audio recording of a District Overseer in 1968 is one of the most disturbing things I came accross in my surfing. It perfectly demonstrates the misleading nature of the "we never said 1975" statement. While perhaps technically true, see if this talk doesn't make any loyal JW rethink what was really said about 1975.

Download Real Audio if you don't already have it to listen to this talk. It is well worth it. Then if you know how, burn a copy of this "meat in due season" from the FDS and share it with your friends.

Here's the address from Freeminds:

http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/sunutko75.html

Path

• Zep
    Zep

Yeah, heard it a little while ago....its also russel doing some talks, and a cartoon of everyone getting killed at Armageddon

• BigQuestion
    BigQuestion

Dear Brother PathofThorns - is there a transcript of this anywhere as well?

Edited by - BigQuestion on 31 July 2000 2:54:26

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

BQ

I haven't come accross a transcript, although I at some point might type one up (unless someone else has already done so). I think that one must still hear the talk though. Something is lost otherwise, and many persons would question its authenticity if they only were to read the transcript.

Path

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Just thought I would bring this up for the someone who was asking about links to infoon the org. I've been looking through some of the old links and as I run across post to info on the org, I will bring them back to the top.

Hope it helps.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Wow. Thanks.

It was talks like that got me baptized even though I was only 10 years old at the time.

"Don't wait until 75. The door is going to be shut before then."

"You must be regularly associating with Jehovah's people, [not] without good cause, like being flat on your back" "Don't let any excuses get in our way...You didn't love the Lord's people enough to be there all the time."

Oh the guilt trips. Still haven't got all of it out of my system.

Gamaliel

• Cassandra Cain
    Cassandra Cain

Hey Could you post directions of How to burn this to a disk? ^__^ we are making a website about the evils of religon. (We love God but the religons do horrible things in his name) and we would love to have this talk ^__^.

~Cassandra Cain~

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cassandra

You would like to save sunutko's speach? Go http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/

Right click on sunutko75.rm (2.5megs) . Then click save target as. Tell you computer where to save it and what to call it, click save. It will download. From there, you can burn it w nero or other cd burning program, or listen to it anytime you want.

SS

• Buster
    Buster

I've long viewed this case to be the best example of evil in the org. When I first started going thru the web looking for interesting tidbits of JW history, I focused on the 'We never said that ... exactly'. I went poking around thru old Freddie quotes, Watchtower quotes, whatever I saw on the web. I said to myself, "Of course they said it, I was there, I remember."

Then it occured to me that, at least in one way, we (non- or ex-dubbies) are wrong: they did learn from the 1914, 1925, etc debacles! You see, I believe that Freddie knew exactly what he was doing. There is no way that he could by accident get soooo close to stating the '1975' prediction soooo many times, without actually saying it.

Freddie was a lying control nut that was saving some 'plauseable deniability' for himself. He had the foresight to save that deniability since, what, forever? since the forties?

Freddie didn't believe it, but he let everyone else believe it. The damage to too many people was irrecoverable. That cold, calculating, damaging lying and control is frightening - evil.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Buster

Freddie didn't believe it, but he let everyone else believe it.

I think you are right. And, being the evil genious that he is, freddy knew how to avoid responsibility, and planned for it. It was all a ploy to increase company assets. In his wt bio, 'looking back on 50 yrs of service' (or something like that) he states to the affect that, he was surprised at how the org had succeeded and grown.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit