If you are single and have married friends, . . .

by compound complex 26 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

is your sense of loneliness (if you are lonely) heightened when you see what they share? 

How do cope (if you ARE coping) with a sense of isolation, of not having a significant other?

I know some single persons who are very happy as they are. Likewise, I know some miserable couples. We all know what the apostle Paul said on this subject so I'll skip that!

Your thoughts and personal experience are welcome, whether YOU are a couple or you are single.

Thanks.

CC

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most of my peers who are single are single as a result of divorce. Most of them are not really "happy". I suppose that is why most people who have had a bad marriage and have divorced still try it again at marriage.

Doc

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Doc.

I, personally, can relate to what you have written. Some have not tried again, however.

Hope springs eternal?

CC

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I have been divorced for nine years after a horrible 20 year marriage in JWdom. My husband was the epitome of a male chauvinist pig. I have had some nice dating experiences and have met some wonderful men, but the thought of committing again has me running in the opposite direction anytime I get close. I do get lonely, especially around my happily married friends, but not enough to chance it again. 
  • Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield
    Me personally I prefer to stay single too much hassle in relationships anyway.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ive been married 3 times--for better and very much for the worse. i'd be married again by now except my partner lives the other side of the world still.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Magwitch, Holden and Stan, for your perspective: enlightening, to say the very least.

I'm already seeing that my own situation has hardly been intolerable. I manage on all levels, and I acknowledge your comments on the difficulty inherent in relationships, even when there is good compatibility.

Gratefully,

CC

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant
    I did not marry in the "Truth"...and I have reamined single...I hate this lonlieness and not having a significant other.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Purple Sofa" put it perfectly..

"It`s Better To be Alone,Than To Want To Be Alone"

Image result for nagging husband

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love your name Holden Caufield!

Catcher in the Rye? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest