The Process Starts Early in Childhood.

by Blueblades 18 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I still am. Being raised a Dub there was no hanging out, rap music, dating, nothing. So even though I'm 35 now I;'m still at times very childish in the things I do, like driving around with my stereo blasting rap music, buying the latest sneakers and shot sets.

I was discussing this with Flower the other night in chat explainging that I have alot of years to catch up on. It may sound stupid bit its a sort of medication/therapy for me.

• talesin
    talesin

This is my reality as well.

Delayed adolescence, at least with regards to social skills ... but they are learnable, and IMHO, better late than never!

tal

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

that's true, but this is just self inflicted persecution, and I really don't think it's the persecution that, say, Jesus or the apostles had to endure. I don't think there's a lion waiting to eat you if you don't salute the flag, so they are just missing the point of what it means to be "persecuted".

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Little kids shouldn't have to worry about crap like that: the world ending and all that garbage. I was terrified, from age 11 til 14, that Armagheddon was coming in 1975, and I wasn't baptized, STILL. Now I am glad that my Mother didn't feel I was ready... ever. I'd always been quite the independant thinker, since birth... HEHEHHE. Do you REMEMBER the pictures in the orange Paradise book? EGADS! I'd be *scared* to show them to a little kid! I paid $15 for one just to show my husband what it was like growing up as a JW, and the hideous scary messages we all received!

Since the last mag, and her understanding that I have been associating with those wicked apostates on the Internet, I haven't heard hide nor hair of her. Okay by me, because I just feel anger when she talks to me about it. This religion robbed me of something that should have been joyous, my childhood.

CG

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

be glad we see the forest through the trees. many dubs really don?t. they really believe in this crap. They are so brain washed it is pathetic. I can remember when I believed the bull $hit., my attitude was don?t try and confuse me with the facts. but the internet is the antidote to the venom the society injects it us. fresh air from the stale and closed thinking of the dubdumb. I started to question for my self but the internet was the salvation of me. free exchange of thoughts, the lifes blood of the free mind.

• talesin
    talesin
    I started high school that fall and my mother went to bed with a migraine headache. She is still there. I will be 60 in June.

lol @ gary

I have one of those, too

Hey mom - get off the cross!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    THAT'S THE KEY!!!! Start early and brainwash them

Thankfully a growing number are waking up to it and leaving as soon as they are old enough..Thank God for the Internet, and I mean that literally.

I am thinking of one lad, the son of a super zealous elder and the product of archetypical witness family. In early teens he was evan more serious than his father, making stands at school over just everything.

Last I heard , now in early 20's he was out, much to his father's concern . At least he awoke early, not like some of us who spent best part of our lives in it.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I now realize that the theft of a childhood can never be made right. Once those tender years are gone -- they are lost forever.

• Valis
    Valis

IMO all those No's lead kids to be great liars and sneaks when it comes to dealing w/thier parents. So controlling, ye extraordinarily naieve IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit