Academy Awards

by SpunkyChick 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Who watched? What did you think? Who was the prettiest actress?

I thought Catherine Zeta Jones and Liv Tyler were so beautiful! I was also happy to see Johnny Depp clean cut and in a tux (not his usual mangy look). But, I was very impressed with Tim Robbins. I saw him on an interview post-show, and a reporter tried to provoke him to Bush bash. Instead of using the Oscars as a political platform, he answered very PC encouraging people to merely register to vote and take action. I'm not a Bush fan, but had respect for Tim not using his award winning status to cram his political beliefs down people's throats.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Oh yeah, it was great to have Billy Crystal back as host this year!!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm always happy seeing Benecio Del Toro. He was especially scruffy last night - in a good way!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I watched and really enjoy it! Can't seem to make it all the way to the end, though.

The fashion was much better this year, and really liked Billy Crystal back at the helm again.

DY

• franklin J
    franklin J

It was nice to see the "glitter" people looking so glamorous again. With the exception of Diane Keaton ( whom I think is an excellent actress) all the women looked like "movie stares" should look. A classic black tux and combed hair goes a long way toward making a guy look classy... and they all looked their part.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We watched it and thought it was one of the best shows ever. Some of them have been pretty boring but this one moved right along. The movie stars looked like movie stars again. Yay

• Mulan
    Mulan

We watched it and thought it was a really good show, the best in years. It moved right along and was pretty entertaining. I think it's pretty funny that the winners for the documentaries or the short subjects (that no one sees) have the longest winded speeches. I also thought the song Will Farrell and Jack Black sang was hilarious.

Uma Thurman definitely needs to have a fashion consultant though. Her dress was pretty ugly. I love Diane Keaton but she needs to give up the Annie Hall look.

We didn't see the Lord of the Rings movies so couldn't appreciate that big win, but maybe we will give them a try now.

I was disappointed that Seabiscuit didn't win ONE award!! It was such a great movie.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*Snort*

Huh? What? The Academy Awards were on?

Oh, Nevermind..... ZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzz

Oh... I am waiting to watch Paris Hilton do the Ms. America contest!!! I haven't watched that for years... but I'm gonna watch it to see Paris!

• Badger
    Badger

11 Awards for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie, including two of the Big Six...

This is the Geeks' finest hour.

FRODO LIVES!

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm happy that LOTR won so many awards cause I'm a sci fi/fantasy dork and the LOTR trilogy was great. I didn't watch it much though. I was too busy watching my Wings kick butt.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit