I ran across this website

by Heatmiser 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

http://www.livingforever.info

I briefly went to a couple of pages. Doesn't mention Jehgoober in the pages I clicked on, but it is straight WTBTS garbage. I wonder if the webmaster counts time for the hits on his page.

Heatmiser

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Heatmiser, If you click into the other topics, it takes you to the official WTS site.Your crap o meter is working just fine:) This is kind of like those commercials they've been playing in our area on the importance of family. The first time we saw one, my daughter was with some Mormon friends of hers. They were all shocked that the WTS is copying the Mormons, lol.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I guess I am lucky that those commercials haven't hit my viewing area yet.

I just clicked on a couple of the first links and scanned through the material real fast.

Heatmiser

• boa
    boa

Cicatrix. We were surprised as hell when we first saw the jw commercials especially cuz we're in a much smaller city centre and yet it seems quite a few in bigger cities haven't seen them yet. Definitely seem like a knock off of the Mormon ads. The jw ones sound like they're using a recording of bro Glass (I think thats his name - he's dead I believe and he used to be a teacher at gilead).Heatmiser, I'll stop derailing your post now :). boa

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Do they have a discussion forum, too? I'd better check it out.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I think the guy on the really cool sail boat has way too much money. Shouldn't he be a little more humble... and preaching instead od on vacation in the Bahamas?

Bryan

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

They are taking a more aggressive stance on the Paradise earth by using real images apparently.

Commercials, wow. I heard they were kicking around the idea but I never thought they would impliment it.

What really chapps by butt is when JWs misrepresent Christendom as if they deny the Earth thing entirely. Right in the Apostolic creed is the line "I believe...in the resurrection of the body and the life ever lasting. Amen." I heard my mom misrepresenting last night.

• mustang
    mustang

Want another misrepresentation?

I was researching on the subject of baptism, prompted by JW’s "UNDERAGE BAPTISM practice". Now contrast the "JW UNDERAGE BAPTISM practice" with the Infant Baptism doctrine, practiced by Catholics, for instance.

I have heard JW’s railing against Infant Baptism as being wrong for years, since the 50’s.

So, I decided to read through a collection of BAPTISMAL VOWS, to compare these with JW Vows.

What I notice is that I never heard the explanation of the Infant Baptism "system" explained.

It turns out that the infant is baptized/sprinkled and "spoken for"

by a responsible adult, typically the closed relative or guardian.

OK, so what so far. Obviously the child can’t speak for itself.

But, I keep reading and I find something called the CONFIRMATION.

I read this and find that the child is expected to come forward when it is of some age that can make a decision for itself and CONFIRM the baptism of its accord. This apparently gets the child into the protection of the religious status of the adult that spoke for it, until the child can decide religious matter and speak for itself.

In contrast, JW’s (while criticizing the IB/sprinkling/confirmation arrangement), have a similar mechanism.

The JW’s consider that the underage infant is under equivalent religious protection of the status of the adult parent or guardian!!! This is more "automatic" and implicit than being announced by an explicit ceremony. But again, the child is expected or allowed to make the religious step forward at some tender young age.

There is a name for this practice, if you look far enough for it. I’m not sure if the JW’s have named it or it is named in general religious theory.

A) There seems little difference in the results of the practice:

1) Both religions manage to put the child under the umbrella of an adult.

2) There is one ceremony contrasted to two.

B) Both effectively put the child on the spot to make a decision before they are mature or legally ready.

C) The discussion usually does not mention the JW practice to protect the infant. (Sin of Omission? on the part of JW’s)

D) JW reporting generally makes no mention of the additional step of Confirmation. (Another Sin of Omission on the part of the JW’s?)

E) Guilt is applied to the overt or explicit ceremony of the other church; i.e. it is "demonized". ( Sin of Commission is imputed to others.)

This certainly seems to be another example of misrepresentation.

Mustang

• seedy3
    seedy3

this guy has been opening a room on Yahoo chat for a few weeks now and every one of his links go to Watchtower.org. I've enver seen much of anyone in the room though

seedy

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    this guy has been opening a room on Yahoo chat for a few weeks

Time for an online apostofest?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit