Comments You Will Not Hear at the Real 2-29-04 WT Study (last wk s/b 2-22)

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Ask yourself, how many times you discussed the kingdom, before and after the meetings, and in social settings

I remember a particular period of time in my days of pioneering where I was truly trying to keep the conversations in the car group on a spiritual ground.

I would bring up a point I read in the mags/rags or I would ask what they thought on a particular passage.

To my surprise NO ONE was interested in this. In fact I soon realized that my partners were actually irritated. They accused me of trying to show off.

And there you have it. J.W are not interested in discussing the kingdom. And If they do its just a facade.

wannaexit

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank you Blondie!

I wonder if the WTS is having some problems with people talking trash about them? Or maybe not taking them as seriously as the WTS thinks the drones should? They are beating the loyalty drum pretty hard lately. They will be giving Jesus his ten minutes of fame next month so he should be happy with them...right? The WTS need to link themselves with the great and powerful Oz/Jehovah so the Memorial does not let Jesus lovers get too uppity! It's a fine line they are walking right now. All those, "outsiders" coming in at once! So many people that do not fear them. The WTS need their peons very sensitive to any who might speak ill of them! Control, control, control! Maverick

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blondie, excellent study on the Good News the first-century Christians preached.

While preparing for this week's lesson, I am doing a word study on "loyal", certainly favored in the JW lexicon. While doing so, I may have stumbled on the reason the WTBTS has so much trouble with pedophilia. Check out the root word for "loyal-love" as referenced in this WT article, Psam 145:8. We all know how fond the WTBTS is about interpreting the root-word correctly.

rachûm rakh-oom' From H7355; compassionate: - full of compassion, merciful.

râcham raw-kham' A primitive root; to fondle; by implication to love, especially to compassionate: - have compassion (on, upon), love, (find, have, obtain, shew) mercy (-iful, on, upon), (have) pity, Ruhamah, X surely.

• blondie
    blondie

Gespro, I thought of that blood/milk angle. Eu!

Hi Robhic, at least you didn?t spend over 45 years listening to the "end is near."

Didn't the story of the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" make it into JW literature and legend? Geez, it makes me want to gag seeing this endless stream of gloom and doom with no end in sight. How do they do it?!

They do it by aging membership and selective history. I wasn?t aware of the 1925 fiasco when I was living through the 1975 fiasco because the people who had lived through 1925 were mostly gone and the publications about it were out of print.

Bluesbrother

, many JWs accept the destruction of the wicked because they think somehow their nonJW friends and family members will be exempted. It is easier to think of faceless, nameless ones dying.

OHD

They want to force the End to come right now, before the last of their Remnant of anointed ones passes off the scene.

The WTS has said the end must be near because some of the anointed must be still on earth when it comes and the anointed are getting ancient. Ha, they don?t factor in the new anointed some of whom are on the GB, men in their 50?s.

Elsewhere

Loyalty to God = Loyalty to the WTS

You have that equation correct.

Dustb,

yes, that is what young people in love talk about, the kingdom of God (smile).

Lonestar

Out in the "ministry" we spent more time deciding who was going to work with who, who was going to drive, who had to leave at 11 AM, thus stranding their partner who had to be picked up by another group, driving from one end of the territory to the next, talking for at LEAST 10 minutes before getting out the car to do a return visit (whom we knew was not home), stopping for coffee breaks, making runs to the post office, etc. In the meantime, people would pass us all the time on the street, and instead of taking an "opportunity", we'd let them walk by and continuted to talk (gossip) to one another. If it were so URGENT, why don't jw's act like it?

JWs have so many ways to waste time and avoid talking to people. Their own salvation is what matters and that is secured whether you actually talk to or convert anyone. I remember being with a newly reinstated sister. She jumped out while we were waiting for another sister. She talked to someone walking down the sidewalk. Finally, the other sisters told her to stop because it was embarrassing them.

She hadn?t learned what wannaexit and I did:

I would bring up a point I read in the mags/rags or I would ask what they thought on a particular passage.
    To my surprise NO ONE was interested in this. In fact I soon realized that my partners were actually irritated. They accused me of trying to show off.
    And there you have it. J.W are not interested in discussing the kingdom. And If they do its just a facade.

Maverick
    The WTS need their peons very sensitive to any who might speak ill of them! Control, control, control!

Especially, the other peons in the congregation. Can?t have any JWs speaking ill of the WTS. Can?t have anyone saying the WTS (Emperor) has no clothes on.

Yes, jgnat, fondle originally had a good meaning. The big problem with the WTS is that they put their reputation and so-called good name ahead of showing compassion for the children. Instead children are expected to sacrifice their own self-esteem.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This blindered statement I found particularly offensive:

Speaking of "worldly" governments, "But even the most noble among them do not know their subjects intimately." !!!!! Like the GB is at all connected to the "flock" any more !!!!!

To add insult to injury, the following paragraph explains to the "flock" how they can be miserable AND the most well-cared for people at the same time. If they are miserable, it is their own fault! (or Satan's).

Many trials and calamities befall Jehovah God's loyal ones because of their own imperfection and because they live in a world that is lying in the power of Satan, "the wicked one" (1 John 5:19; Psalm 34:19) Christians experience persecution. Some suffer from chronic illness or because of bereavement. At times, the mistakes of Jehovah's loyal ones may cause them to 'bow down' in discouragement. ....

So let me get it straight. "Worldly" people are miserable because they must suffer under governments who understand them imperfectly. Jehovah's people are miserable because Jehovah understands them perfectly but they don't deserve the best treatment. Yet.

Wait.

Just.

A.

Little.

Longer...

• blondie
    blondie
    To add insult to injury, the following paragraph explains to the "flock" how they can be miserable AND the most well-cared for people at the same time. If they are miserable, it is their own fault! (or Satan's).

Now you understand, jgnat, why JWs are crazy after listening to this self-serving crap that swings both ways depending on the prevailing winds at Bethel.

It is always the rank and file's fault if they are miserable.

Blondie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I promised myself to stop attending all Sunday meetings in which the Watchtower study talked about how wonderful, loving and protecting the Org is, and also the ones in which they talk about the end of times being very soon.

I had to attend this one meeting because I had missed too many previously, and it took a lot of endurance to make it through that Watchtower study.

Never again!

DY

• blondie
    blondie

DY, just read my reviews and comments. It will be more enlightening and educational.

Are you a masochist?

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Doubtfully Yours, I just gotta ask...

I promised myself to stop attending all Sunday meetings in which the Watchtower study talked about how wonderful, loving and protecting the Org is, and also the ones in which they talk about the end of times being very soon.

If the meeting is not self-serving or about the end-times, what is left? LOLOLOL

• Flash
    Flash

"...Would not a failure to respond to direction from God through his organization really indicate a rejection of divine rulership?" ...NO!!! "Make sure of ALL things"...remember??

This is the kind of GB empowerment speech that makes me RAGE!!!

blondie, It was a great idea to break down a WT article in a Thread like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit