JWs take a page out of the Trinitarian playbook to support the generation of 1914

by OneGenTwoGroups 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

"If you understand the nature of god of being invisible and untouchable and who scholars believe jesus was in the old testament ( the word of the lord or the angel of the lord), it's really not hard explain."

or

If you understand the the nature of a generation being long and multi-grouped and who JW scholars believe a generation was in the old testament (he and all his generation), it's really not hard to explain.

Could my point be made any clearer?

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Believer , The KI published by the WTB&TS a word for word translation on John 1:1 "In the beginning the word was and the word was with God and the word was god "

It is dishonest for them to say the word was "a" god that is not what the original text says in their KI.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Smiddy - "A Believer , The KI published by the WTB&TS a word for word translation on John 1:1 "In the beginning the word was and the word was with God and the word was god "
    It is dishonest for them to say the word was "a" god that is not what the original text says in their KI."

Hey Smiddy,

The indefinite article is not used in koine Greek. Any place you see an "a" in ANY NT English translation can be considered an insertion and "not what the original text says". And besides, don't you know about the issue of an anarthrous noun in the predicate?

Note: I couldn't give two shits about the Trinity issue, I just want to show how apologetics are way too easy to create.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit