Does anyone here collect classic cars?

by kls 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

oh, forgot to add a 64 chevy nova II (needs completely restored tho ) and a 64 chevy el camino which also needs a full restoration...

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I am looking at a 65 Ford Mustang. Purple, 6cyl,auto trans. It is already fixed up and purdy. I am waiting to collect on a settlement and then I will go pick it up.

I have never really been big on cars, but this thing is SOOOOOO yummy.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

This is one of the other things besides Thunder that gets me HOT and bothered This is like one I want SIGH I have a model of it on my bookshelf but I want the REAL THING

• dustyb
    dustyb

does hotwheels count??

• Atilla
    Atilla

Any of the above cars would be perfect for service. I don't know what possessed him other than price but my one pioneer friend in my hall bought like a 72' Green Dodge Aspen. This thing was like the worst thing for service ever. Amenities included vinyle seating, no A.C., no power steering, just lap belts in the back, AM mono radio, and no cadillic converter which made spewing toxic fumes all the way to the front door that much better. Then, to make things better, the kid ended up wrecking the front end which made the car look even better for service.

However, I'm kinda against classic cars for their lack of safety. A very close witness friend of mine died when his classic Aston Heily went off the road and hit a telephone pole. Ever since, it has been my motto to buy as new and modern as possible. My list of cars that I've had now include a Saab, Volvo, and Toyota Camry. Also, no matter how much money I have or how much of an A**hole I become, I will never ever buy an SUV unless of course I become a farmer.

• ring
    ring

1964 falcon sprint hardtop.....buckets 289v8,4bbl, 4 speed ,posi

1964 falcon futura hardtop 260v8

1948 ford f-1 flathead v8, lowered 2", sidepipes, 9' posi

1946 international KB-1 custom...canary yellow on a ford ranger frame. powered by a 302

1977 ford F-150 shortbox 4x4....390v8

cars that Ive recently sold.....and wish i hadn't

1969 ford torino GT ...factory buckets,factory hoodscoop, 351w

1947 willys CJ2A

1936 3 window coupe

• ring
    ring

attila....perhaps you should stick to riding the bus

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Holy Cow Ring !! No wonder you live in that big state ! You need all that space for all your vehicles !!!

• smack
    smack

Not exactly a classic but

1970 Ford XY Fairmont wagon. 250 2V 6 with triple SU. 5 speed steel celica box. In excellent condition

1966 Ducati 250 Monza basket case - being rebuilt

1978 Yamaha SR500 single

1975 Honda TL250 trials bike

Steve

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've got a 1973 Austin Mini thats in the middle of getting rebuilt. Its body has been restored, had a stainles steel bodykit made up and fitted, and a 1989 turbo engine fitted. Its just ready to be put back together again then street raced! And I've got a 1959 Morris Minor ready to start when I've finished the mini.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit