I am being published

by larc 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

Congradulations!!! Larc.

X.

• detective
    detective

Congratulations larc! It's a wonderful feeling and, no doubt, a well-deserved honor. Looking forward to reading it so as soon as you get details, please let us know!

Two days ago, after seven years of waiting, I received a package on my doorstep. It was the book I'd been waiting for... an anthology containing a piece of my work. I was going to post about it but I hadn't had a chance. I'm on top of the world. The work had already been published, but having it included in a reputable anthology is absolutely huge for me personally. I'm not likely to come down from this high anytime soon! A lifelong dream, seven long years of waiting...and it was all worth it! Sadly, I can't promote the name of the anthology here due to having to remain anonymous... but I really, really wish I could!

Back to you, now that I've bragged myself into oblivion. I hope you gather up loads of copies of your article! You will always have this accomplishment and it's really something of which to be quite proud! It's great news Larc- congratulations!!!!! Yay!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

Congratulations! and good luck with it!

Frank

• codeblue
    codeblue

That's awesome!!!

Codeblue

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Congrats larc.

• larc
    larc

Detective, I know what you mean. It is a great feeling to see your work in print. I also know about the years in takes sometimes. My reserch took two years. It took another two years of collaboration with my freind to get it all together. At this point, we will probably publish another five manuscripts over the next two years. Also, we are presenting three poster sessions on our work at a professional conference in April in Chicago. I am busier now that I am retired than when I was working.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit