BB King

by Elsewhere 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Last night I went to see BB King perform! I had no idea that he was 78 years old!

I had a great time listening to the legend. I made it a special l point to go see him because I've noticed a few celebrities that I wanted to see would die while I was thinking: "Hey... I should go see them some day.". Well... I wasn't going to let BB King go and die on me, so I jumped at the chance!

I love his music, but I have never been to a concert before and I had no idea that it would be so loud. I was expecting a mellow "lounge room" volume. I just can't handle loud environments... it overwhelms my senses and causes me a lot of discomfort. Fortunately I am in the habit of keeping ear plugs in my car for when I find myself somewhere loud.

Overall I had a great time! You should go see him!

• Sargon
    Sargon

BB King Rules!! Lucky Elsewhere! i saw Him and lucille once back in the 80's, but haven't had the opportunity since.

• JH
    JH

BB King?

I thought that was a new hamburger at Burger King

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW, Elsewhere! What a TREAT it must have been to actually see him play! I've been a big fan of his for many years, but never got the opportunity to see him myself! Good for YOU!

hugs,

Annie

• Special K
    Special K

Sounds like you enjoyed the concert..

I too am one of those kind of people who needs to keep ear plugs around.

I can't do loud continuous noise or music. It has to be subdued a bit, especially at a concert.

sincerely

Special K

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

So glad you got to see the man LIVE! Boo and I saw him a year ago, and BB rocked the house. His band is excellent on their own, as well.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I think it stems from being JW. Earplugs at a Concert. LOL!

• outnfree
    outnfree

I saw BB King perform two summers ago, at an outdoor ampitheatre. (No ear plugs.) I really, truly, enjoyed the show. Even the warm-up acts were pretty fabulous. Definitely a fine way to spend an evening!

out

• sunny
    sunny

I LOVE BB King!!!I have never been to see him live , but would love to!!

Sandy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit