Some new treatments for Depression

by runForever 5 Replies latest jw friends

• runForever
    runForever

Here are some new treatments for Depression. I am not a doctor don't take this as medical advice do your own research. But this is worth looking into. Just thought this might help.

Transcranial direct current stimulation

Magnets for depression

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    or--get pissed
  • blondie
    blondie
    Research thoroughly before spending any money. If the doctor you have now is out of ideas find a new qualified doctor.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Stan, yeah, lol get pissed!! Little wonder why so many people have alcohol problems in the Borg. Depression.
  • steve2
    steve2
    tDCS differs from ECT in its direct mechanism without inducing seizures. In that regard, it is less invasive. It is used when individuals have not responded to anti-depressant medication and/or ECT. But it is not a cure - and some people fail to respond to it rendering unchanged their status of having treatment resistant depression.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Depression means different things to different people & so the treatments that work for one may not work for the other. One mans poison is another mans medicine so as to speak. Most depression can result from inner anger that has not found a safe release & is therefore internalized. I have watched a documentary that discussed the TDCS treatment & found it most interesting. Strangely enough if the brain is put through constant high stress levels without let up for a long enough period of time it will infact induce a seizure on it's own as a coping mechanism, so I can see how this could be effective as it forces the brain to rest from thinking. As far as magnets go once again there are several studies which have show that magnetism can play an important role to our over all well being & that Geo-pathic stress can be the cause of a number of health problems from depression to cancer. The book of Magnet Healing, by Roger Coghill is an excellent read if your interested in this subject, it also gives sound advise on how we can protect ourselves in our homes from the artificial electric fields that we live with everyday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit