Why iseveryone always complaining and criticising?

by Gianluca 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Calico_Cat

Translation: I have no life.

What do you think I've been tryin' to get across to you dummy? That you DID have a life? You used the wrong word Dummy! I'm sure you meant to say "YOU have no life". Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Obviously, you don't have even one life, Cat Thing, much less 9 of 'em.

• esther
    esther

Venice, I didn't see you there. lol. I know the convention went over, but to be honest, I didn't hear Bro Henshal's talk. I 'switched off' two minutes into the talk. The highlights of the convention were meeting other sisters in the queues for the toilets. We met many new people and had some lovely chats, much quicker way of passing the time. The only valid reason for attending the DC was to meet up with old friends.

esther

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Yardif,

You are free to think that i've exaggerated. That particilar DO's prayers (strangely only if it was the convention's concluding prayer, otherwise it was always a quickie..) usually lasts on average around 10 min! He must have been over zealous that day......
    To be precise the stopwatch stopped at exactly 15min 32sec....

Ciao
    Gianluca

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ahhh..gianluca, thank you so much for reminding me of the bad ol days...
    Gladiator, LMAO...I hear ya!

In Lakeland, Fl, where we had many conventions until they were moved to St. Pete, we used to have birds that would somehow get into the arena...during one memorable day, my grandmother's bible was divebombed by one such bird...I laughed so hard, I thought I'd wet myself!

And, um...er...Gianluca, you mentioned eagerly skimming the new releases for 'new light'...sigh...am I the only one who DIDNT do that?? I would feel so guilty...the new releases would be the talk of the town and I was always embarrassed to admit I hadn't even cracked 'em open (bad Dana...bad, bad)

After I had my first baby, I discovered the 'joys' of the mother's room...often an unventilated concrete box with benches only...ever tried to nurse a baby elbow to elbow with other nursing moms, sitting on a hard bench??? Fun, fun, fun...several times, I ended up in tears...but at least the conversations were more interesting than what was being spewed from the platform...

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• esther
    esther

I believe you, Gianluca

You are free to think that i've exaggerated. That particilar DO's prayers (strangely only if it was the convention's concluding prayer, otherwise it was always a quickie..) usually lasts on average around 10 min!

At one of our conventions we had a little boy get so fed-up at the length of the closing prayer he just said "Amen" then started to talk to his mother. I didn't blame him!

esther

• Calico_Cat
    Calico_Cat
    What do you think I've been tryin' to get across to you dummy? That you DID have a life? You used the wrong word
    Dummy! I'm sure you meant to say "YOU have no life". Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Obviously, you don't have even one life, Cat Thing, much less 9 of 'em.

Hahaha, touche Yadirf (hey I got your silly name right!). I have no life hahaha because I'm still officially a JW.

Can't wait to have a life soon! World, here I come!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Gianluca:

Your note about, "especially if you had a persistent looseness of the bowels" reminded me of the little squares of shear toilet paper that would rip up when trying to get them out of the dispenser. It would take about 200 to 300 sheets of little squares to clean up the results of my "loose bowels" and get back to where I felt I could safely leave the restroom.

I hated Convention restrooms so much that I often went all day without eating, or at times, went back to my hotel room to go to the bathroom. I am not very picky, but the JW restrooms during convention time were hard to take. - Amazing

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Question:
    What do a JW assembly restroom and a JW key note address have in common?

(You can't think of anything either...uh!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit