The Truth about Christianity Part II - Give your views

by yxl1 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yxl1
    yxl1

Ok, so we've had the views of Christians on this board. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67335/1.ashx where Sirona respectfully asked for Christians only to comment. Fair enough, but I'd personally like to know what everyones view of Christianity is.

As Sirona said:

What is the truth about christianity?

Personally, I spent 15 years studying the Dub-view of christianity. I then spent the next 8 years searching for a form of christianity I could accept. Finally I decided that its nothing more than a bunch of ancient morals/myths/tales/traditions bound together with the added "bonus" that people believe that god inspires them.

IMO, christianity and the belief in the bible, has pushed us further away from god. Until we move on from these ancient beliefs and start searching for god in our own way, we will forever remain in the darkages.

yxl1

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm glad you asked. I DO believe in God but not in the Judeo/Christian faiths. To me, the Bible is a man-made book full of inaccuracies, contradictions and hate. I don't believe in organized religion and can have a personal relationship with God without having any middlemen involved.

I came to this conclusion after studying Judaism, Christianity, Paganism and Wicca, and Buddhism. My research included BOTH sides of each religion. I spoke to Christian religious leaders and attended some church services to hear the side for Christianity. Than I spoke to historians, archaeologists and linguists to hear opposing views.

Devon

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

All roads eventually lead to God

Rev 22:12 Behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his works is (ASV)

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Finally I decided that its nothing more than a bunch of ancient morals/myths/tales/traditions bound together with the added "bonus" that people believe that god inspires them.

IMO, christianity and the belief in the bible, has pushed us further away from god. Until we move on from these ancient beliefs and start searching for god in our own way, we will forever remain in the darkages.
    My feelings exactly! I don't think I could have said it any better myself!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Finally I decided that its nothing more than a bunch of ancient morals/myths/tales/traditions bound together with the added "bonus" that people believe that god inspires them.
    Me too.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I see Xtianity as an evolving system of beliefs and conventions that reflect the western desire to control the unontrolable. Modern trends tward fundementalism is just the most recent reflex to our times of changing political, social and technological realities.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The bible is a good story book, nothing more. Same with the Beatles' white album.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Number Nine wasn't a particularly coherent story.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Neither was Revelation.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think God is way too undiscribble, for any humans:::: and Christianity's attempts to discribe God too much;;;; they made Him and so they dictate what he is,,, they just want keep him in this safe little box they have made for Him.

Any God that you can discribe isn't "God" he isn't worthy to be considered "God" just a invention of the human imagination, any God you can discribe is not "IT".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit