The Watchtower Won't Release 'Apostates'!

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Think about it:

The corrupt old men who rule the Watchtower preach that 'apostates' are injuring their congregations

BUT WON'T LET THEM GO!

They could invent a new rule stating that anybody who doesn't turn in time for a year is simply

not a Witness anymore - no "disassociation", no names read off. They could put a time limit on

people who have faded away - saying that after X number of years, no judicial committee will

bother them. Heck, even Castro let "worms" get out of Cuba!

The Society would rather risk decay in their flock - Why?

Because it's a cult and they know it. Because they are afraid of an exodus. Because

they know they're lying about Witnesses being zealous and loyal and willing volunteers.

Because they know they can control some people with 'hostages' - as in disfellowshipping

separating friends and relatives. Because they know their doctrines are mostly nonsense.

That's why they can't let people go free

That's why they MUST FIND A WAY TO PUNISH THEM.

That's why they can't "permit" any elder to simply resign ( you're not allowed to, per their letter)

metatron

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Right on!

Me and my GF were just tallking about this a few hours ago. It's to put fear in the ones who are still in the cult, and it's to "punish" the ones who left for speaking out, "wrongdoing", etc. With the caveat that if you belong to a "Spiritually Strong" family with lots of Money, Elders and Ministerial Servants, you'll get slap on the wrist. Otherwise, they'll come after you with the intent to DF or DA.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

The Society would rather risk decay in their flock - Why?

Because they need a visible "example" for their followers. It's known as scapegoating. Someone has to act as a bad guy contrast to all the "love and light," so warning lessons can be taught to keep the sheep from wandering out of their little pen. Jung theorized that militant groups have a tendency to project their shadow fears on someone or something else to justify whatever their platform may happen to be. For Hitler, it was the Jews, for Jehovah's Witnesses, it's Satan and other "independent thinkers" ie-anyone that doesn't tow the party line around their necks, anchor and all.

And from personal experience, I can tell you that you don't have to be an elder or someone in a prominent position, nor do you need to publicly speak out against the organisation. Refusing to give any reason at all brands you as dangerous, also.

• minimus
    minimus

Those that are "inactive" certainly may not necessarily be "apostates", per the Society. If someone is actively going against the Society, don't worry, they'll "release the apostates".

• Farkel
    Farkel

metatron,

I've been watching your work for years. You know this. This is probably the first time I've had any disagreement with what you've said referring to the WTS leaders (GB):

: Because it's a cult and they know it.

I'm not convinced the WTS (GB) "knows" they are running a cult. I'm not convinced that when they make a bowel movement they even notice it either, actually. I AM convcined that notwithstanding the possibility that they might make bowel movements in their panties, they have enough braincells left to think their panties don't stink and every thing else they do is STILL speaking for God. Such is their narcissism and arrogance.

Farkel

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    That's why they can't "permit" any elder to simply resign ( you're not allowed to, per their letter)

-- metatron

Is this 'New Light' -(er and less-filling?) I've known a number of Elders that voluntarily 'stepped down' for personal reasons...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I agree with Farks - well, not about the bowel movements but certainly about them not recognising they run a cult. I think they sincerely believe they run the true religion, misguided though that may be.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ozzie,

Fair comment, but is sincerity enough of a reason to excuse their anti-social behaviour?

A lot of people sincerely believe things, but those beliefs are only held on to because they walk around with their eyes shut.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nope, sincerity is never enough. Nevertheless, I'm sure Hitler sincerely believed in his rantings and the GB beleive their own publicity too. Why wouldn't they, when they are massaged by those around them day by day?

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Why wouldn't they, when they are massaged by those around them day by day?

Yeah..sort of a self-perpetuating process.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit