What's was the funniest thing that ever happened to you out in service?

by itsallgoodnow 10 Replies latest jw friends

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

For me it's a tie between the time a certain gentlement didn't realize his thingy was "out", waving in the breeze, I couldn't hold it together... laughed until I cried. or the time the PO's wife stepped in dog poo and I laughed and she wasn't amused....

• dustyb
    dustyb

having someone opening the door to a billow of pot smoke, heheheheh.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Well a certain elder was trying to free a goat (I thought we were looking for sheep?!? Naw a real goat.) whose horns were caught in the fencing. He stood up and zapped his forhead on the electric fencing heehee.

Another time we were in the car and half the people were at a call. The only thing that stood between two horse pens was a very flimsy fence. The stallion was err well hung and in heat and trying to get to the mare, raised tail and all, through the fence. I was in the car with another kid my age and one younger. It was definitely hillarious.

• Mary
    Mary

Well the elders were dumb enough to let me and all my teenage friends work country territory in one car group. So I take my girlfriend's brother (imagine Bart Simpson in the flesh) with me and I force him to take the call (heh-heh-heh). He doesn't want to (the house looked more like a wrecking yard with garbage and filth everywhere) and he hasn't read the magazines so when a drunken, filthy sloth comes to the door he simply goes "We're offering the Watchtower and Awake for 50 cents". The guy goes to get the money and while we're waiting there, "Bart" says rather loudly "What a fly-infested dump!" The guy overheard the comment and came charging out the door towards us, but in his drunken stupor he tripped and fell flat on his face. We started laughing our asses off and made a b-line for the car. Once we were safely inside "Bart" starts yelling out the window "Go have another beer!" "Take a bath you pig!!".......

I believe he counted that as a placement AND a Return Visit.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I was in service with a young 'brother' (about age 6) who kept telling his mom that he had to go to the bathroom. She kept putting him off. "Just one more door. Just one more door." I take him to the "last" door with me. While I'm going through my presentation, I notice this look of horror come over the lady's face. He really had to go, AND WAS GOING ON HER FRONT PORCH! Needless to say, she didn't take the literature! It wasn't very funny then, but now it totally cracks me up!

CountryGuy

• simplesally
    simplesally

It was right after Halloween.........someone had one of those scream door mats........when you step on it, it screams. Well, they laid their regular doormat over it and they had a dark porch. It was a porch that was 3 sided in concrete, so when I stepped on it, it echoed and I screamed so loud, the PO who was with me was so startled...we had no clue what was happening. Then we looked down and saw what had happened and we couldn't stop laughing. The lady came to the door wondering what the loud screaming was all about ......... anyway, I placed literature and it was so funny we almost peed our pants explaining to the car group.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Sally, Aren't you just a devoted sister.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    a certain gentlement didn't realize his thingy was "out", waving in the breeze,

Oh My GAAAAWWWWD!!! ROFLMAO

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about the time my shoes melted? The asphalt was so hot and I had no shoes left.

• alamb
    alamb

I was on a small stoop 2 steps above a "brother" I had a huge crush on. A gust of wind lifted my skirt up and over his head. Thank God it was a not-at-home. Neither of us mentioned it...but I giggle now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit