The elderly

by moses 6 Replies latest jw friends

• moses
    moses

I feel for the elderly who have put all thier hopes in the society and now really have no one to turn to.My mom is reaching 70 and was converted in the late 60s she still believes it is the truth but I think because she has nowhere else to go I think it is true also for all the elderly in the hall I bet some still believe some of the old doctines and have no idea about the new ones but are still hanging on because they feel thier is nowhere else to go, they basically sacrifsied thier lifes for the organazation.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Yes, I think that's a fair summation of their lot. Still, Raymond Franz had the guts to get out after 60 years - so one never knows!

Ian

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Moses,

My mom is close to 70 too and got the "truth" in the late 60's!! I feel the same way you do. Where can they go now? I think they just keep going without even thinking about it anymore. Even if something drastic happens in the organization, they will simply block their mind to it. They don't want to know........they just keep hanging on to that dream they've been following all their life.

• moses
    moses

Sff I don't think I could have said it better they only have that dream and the hope of the ressurection.

• Teela
    Teela

It is sad, they have no savings, live in low cost rental housing, often with no children, or DF children. The only people they have contact with are the govt agencies that look after them, no sign of the JW's anywhere. My father died in an old folks home, only one witness came to see him in 2 years, the Prespraterian Father came every sunday to visit the old folks. He died with his bible and his "faith" and a nagging feeling that it was all for nothing.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The more they have sacrificed for the group, the stronger believers they are. He who invests a lot, leaves a lot.

That people who shun and snub me and my family suffer because of that behavior seems appropriate. Hope it was worth it.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Raymond Franz had the guts to get out after 60 years - so one never knows!

Ray went on leave and then was DF'ed on phoney pretext. He may or may not have left the org if it was up to him.

Many old people are just hanging on with a wait and see attitude. Most no longer have friends or any kind of "life" ouside of the hall. I think a lot are just napping throught the meetings,putting in their time and waiting to die.They are after all now part of the "generation" that WILL die even though Jehovah did make that promise that they would live forever and never die. (OH WELL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit