It's official

by Purple 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Purple
    Purple

I am the world's most uncoordinated person! My karate teacher told me tonight that in all his years of teaching he has only ever been unable to teach one person to get to the first Kata and he is determined that I will not be the second one. Oh how to imspire a person and build their confidence up!

I always thought I was well coordinated but get me to do a head punch with a swoop block followed by a short lunge punch and I am all over the place and laughing hysterically! At least the class is learning to laugh with me instead of at me! I try not to take it too seriously as it is just to learn self defense and if I should happen to meet someone well that would be great to!

So anyway thats all I wanted to say. Nothing profound or earth shattering, just thought i would share that significant point with whoever cares to read it! I bet i would be disfellowshipped very quickly if the elders knew I was learning Karate. Then what would they say about the tatoo I got last year and my one ambition I had left from last year (to have a one night stand ), not to mention leaving my scumbag husband and looking with licentious eyes at males and all the one million and one other things like drinking! Oh I bet they couldnt shut the dors quick enough behind me!

• yxl1
    yxl1

You go girl! Sounds like you're having a great time.

Just a word of warning. I used to do a lot of martial arts and there is nothing more annoying than someone who doesnt take it seriously and messes around. I'm not saying that you're that type of person, but it could be the impression that the other members have. I quit so many clubs because the process was slowed down by people not taking it seriously and slowing the whole group down. Its funny once or twice, but when I've paid me money, ventured out of my house on a cold evening, I dont want to be "entertained" by someone fannying around on the floor mats.

I've just re-read this post and I sound like a grumpy old arse...sorry, but it wasnt my intension

Have fun

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

And here I was thinking South Oz was a quiet place to be! I obviously got it wrong!!!

Cheers, Purple from the Premier State!

Ozzie

• talesin
    talesin

Purple

Perhaps your 'sensei' is giving you a greater lesson, that of taking control of the class and showing everyone how wrong he is!

Perhaps you are extremely coordinated, and in the process of finding your centre of balance.

Congratulations, btw, on fulfilling your list (is it complete? ). That's a good way to go out, imho.

talesin

• Englishman
    Englishman

I have a black belt in origami.

Englishman.

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

Eman:

I'll see your black belt in origami and raise you a fifth dan in Ying Tong Song

• Purple
    Purple

Hey yx yes I do take it seriously what I laugh about is my utter hopelessness. I laugh instead of getting angry at myself for constantly failing. I seem to be getting worse and more mixed up. So instead of getting angry and giving up I laugh it off and try even harder. My Sensei and I are determined to see me suceed! The other class mmebers (all male) are trying to encourage me as well as they kind of know how intimidating it is for me to be the only female is a strongly oriented male sport!@ Although last night there was a little 6 year old girl. She was so cute!

I reckon a blackbelt in Origami might be on the cards for me!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I believe in you my friend!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit