Songs that get you moving...

by czarofmischief 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Okay, here's a nice fluff thread for us to snuggle on before the election heats up.

What song cheers you up as soon as you hear the first few notes? Also, have you ever had any experiences that related to the music playing in the background?

I'll start:

Highway to Hell by ACDC is the song that gets my heart pounding as soon as I hear those first few notes. That riff is the first thing I learned on the guitar. Every time I hear that dah dah dah, dah dah DAH, dah dah DAH dah dah DAH dah DAH DAH... whoosh, it's like a direct injection of adrenalin into my cerebral cortex...

Summer of 69 is a breakup song of mine. A Lloyd Dobbler moment, if you would.

CZAR

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Led Zep's "Rock and Roll" is a song that I always trip on when I hear it.

"Lets Go Crazy" by the Purple One is also a great song to lose your mind to.

Embarrasingly enough I really love Los Lobos rendition of "La Bamba" - how can you not be cheered by that song?

As far as experiences with background music, back when I was a teenager we were caught driving in a hailstorm with "Lunatic Fringe" playing on the radio, it was kinda freaky, guess you had to be there...

• copsec
    copsec

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way". No matter where I am it gets me going. I have prolly embarrassed the step-daughter many times by dancing to it wherever we are!

• Freddy Krueger
    Freddy Krueger
    A Lloyd Dobbler moment, if you would.

I love that quote. Good one.

I would have to say GNR "Welcome to the Jungle."

-Freddy

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Just about any Megadeth song from "Peace sells..." "So far so good..." or "Rust in Peace"

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Rocky Mountain High. Love that guitar intro, can't help but grin and my spirits soar...

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Adagio for Strings is ok. (From the "Platoon" (1986)) soundtrack. However the "Adagio for Strings- Voices" version is awesome. 100 times more dimensional. Its basically Adagio for String but instead of using strings they use a choir of course. Its from the Homeworld (strategy pc game) soundtrack.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

FirstInLine, is your name a reference to the Megadeth song "Peace Sells?"

Ramblin' Man and Statesboro Blues - Allman Bros

Alive -Pearl Jam

Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel

Crushing Day - Joe Satch

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Oooooh! So many!

'Love Shack' by the B-52's

'I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

'Too Much Time on My Hands' by Styx

'We Built This City' by Starship

'Jamie's Cryin' by Van Halen

So many more, but this is a good start!

growedup

• heathen
    heathen

I have so many songs I like . Being a fellow guitar player I've really had a look at some . I really like love remover machine from the cult man that song totally rocks my world . Fire woman is another . so many zeppelin songs could be added here as well .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit