The Preaching Work: A Colossal Waste of Time

by Scully 17 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I wonder how many JWs know it is all ridiculous but believe that Jehovah has for some reason set their feet on this path and they love Jehovah, so they do the best they can on the path?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

ABSOLUTAMENTE!

Galaxy7 asked:

If they send the 10.000 bethelites home can they collect unemployment??
    NO, because they were never "employed." They were volunteers, and they get zip point squat when they are sent home.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Being raised and pioneering for a couple of years I say about 1/3 of my life till 20.

And I brought not one person into the truth. In fact the only studies I had were referred to me by sisters who did not want to study with boys or men.

• boa
    boa

jv, hopefully I won't go to any more conventions - I'm gonna work on getting out of the one friends are coming up here to stay with us on this summer.

but yes, I did pioneer 1yr ox, 4 yrs reg and 1 yr special full time as they call bethel. Still have my 'shining as illuminators book' , in fact was rifling through and boxing stuff up when I found it. I was on several conventions with pio experiences or skits etc etc etc.

Any regrets? I 'shun' regrets as they pop up cuz I can't change the past (still waiting for that Star Trek whip around the sun thing to go to the past to become available - Star Trek IV). However, I'm licking my wounds at the whole tragic comedy of my life in the org.

However, most of pioneering time was spent with some really fun people (avoid going out with the non-fun ones) and the greatest difficulty I had was financially - very stressful. I studied with several but none straight through to baptism. Jeece I wish they had changed the hour requirement while I was still reg pio.

Also, a side point to all you who reg pioneered, remember when a publisher would do his(or her) once a year ox pio and they were all serious and hardcore on their time and hours - what downers imo!

I also, while reg pio, about a year before b, started using the Bible more and more and also began to evermore appreciate studies and good rvs over door-to-door.

Funny how if yer a bro, pioneering pretty much leads to 'fast-tracking' for ms, elder, bethel etc.

boa

ok now i gotta lick some wounds i just remembered again

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Well, new ones are coming into the org somehow. Somebody out there is starting Bible studies and bringing the minds of worldly folks into harmony with the WTBTS's dogma.

While the many hours I spent in the field ministry proved, for the most part, to be fruitless, I was actually instrumental in bringing a couple of new ones into the org, and I wish to apologize profusely to them, but one of them is my exwife, therefore I should actually apologize to my children. I was a true believer and a hell of a salesman; what can I say?

I am sure you have noticed, if you have ever had any direct sales training, that, the service meetings are designed to teach Witnesses how to be better peddlers of the Watchtower. Tried and proven sales methods are taught to everyone who attend the meetings, and demonstrations and roleplaying is utilized in the ministry school just as in sales training meetings, but just like any other sales company out there, some are just no good at it and prefer to be "order takers" not "closers", but order takers simply don't get paid what the closers do. Some are just naturals at it and have success in starting Bible studies. Just as in sales, the art of closing the deal becomes "the thing" and something of an addiction. "I close, therefore, I am". Whether it is simply the thrill of getting a WT or other publication into the hands of a householder, or starting a Bible study, or bringing the new one to the point of baptism, it is a challenge, a thrill and an obsession.

Just an observation . . .

Hunyadi

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Me pioneered one year, then auxiliary, didn't have the stamina. One thing I got out of it was that I have had contact with a lot of different types of people, whereas I've noticed 'worldlies' sometimes don't meet a lot of people of a different socio-economic (sorry), racial, religious background.

I get memories of people I met on the doors who gave me advice I wish i'd taken, or said something I rejected but now realise was true. Like the old guy who said "do something useful with your life". What makes me angry is the fact I was unwittingly being used to educate people about the UN.

Interesting about the lack of increase - the 2% increase is probably due to the change of policy for old ones only having to report 15 minutes. I wonder how any new bible students come in at all considering they must check out internet before baptism. A lot of new ones who reach the meeting attendance stage, don't reach the point of being a publisher.

trumangirl

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Pioneering only got me "fast cracking".

• logansrun
    logansrun

Wow. I just did a quick calculation of my lifetime "time" in the field ministry. I estimate about 12,000 hours were spent in this idiocy.

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit