Jesus Christ - The man who was raised from the dead

by hooberus 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

It was a man /son of man who was raised from the dead

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." Acts 17:31

"And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." Matthew 17:9

An angel resurrected from the dead? Psalm 2:7 is applied to the resurrection of Jesus:

"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." Psalm 2:7

"God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, . . . " Acts13:33-34

God never said to an angel at any time (this should include the time of the resurrection) "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee"

"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." Psalm 2:7

"For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? . . . " Hebrews 1:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit