Did The Witnesses Ever Say Weird Things In The 70's Door To Door?

by shamus 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

They didn't use nukes in either Iraq or Afghanistan.Hopefully no one will ever use them. Actually it was a VERY quick victory in both Iraq and Afghansitan, considering the logistical constraints, the need to reduce collateral damage, and the lack of nukes.

OTOH, if they'd used a small tactical nuke in Tora Bora OSama might be dead now.

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes,

I remember going door to door with a black sister in the congregation; and introducing ourselves at the door as " my companion and I are Bible Students"

At the use of the word "companion" the female house holder ( evidently racist) told us we were disgusting and slammed the door.

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes,

I remember going door to door with a black sister in the congregation; and introducing ourselves at the door as " my companion and I are Bible Students"

At the use of the word "companion" the female house holder ( evidently racist) told us we were disgusting and slammed the door.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Some of us said weird things. I'd go to a door and go...er...er...er until my partner would take over. needless to say nobody ever wanted to go with me twice.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Isn't this redundant?

Seriously, we used the fear of nuclear war as an introduction all the time. Fear of terrorism must be a godsend for the WTS.

• Flash
    Flash

I don't remember anything weird, I do remember though a CO being really aggressive, yelling and telling the householders "They would DIE!!" if they didn't change. Sad to say, others followed his example.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I have trouble remembering any of that stuff. It was almost five years ago, I guess.

Mostly I just handed out magazines. It boosted my numbers and required no effort. I also was the king of dumping mags into not at homes. I had placements of about 4 mags an hour - just by ramming them down mailboxes and folding them into screen doors.

My god, if I could have taken meth and pioneered, I could have been mag king! wow, the goals I miss.

CZAR

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

"My god, if I could have taken meth and pioneered..."

While a frightening thought, it still makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt...

• joelbear
    joelbear

Once I was out with one of the annointed and the man at the door refused our offer. As we walked away the annointed one said to me that the man would make good fertilizer for the ground in the new system.

I remember being stunned and I am just as stunned today.

• minimus
    minimus

We used to say that "millions NOW living WILL NEVER die". We used to CONSTANTLY talk about the "signs" and "this generation" that would "never pass away". We used to say to ridiculers, "Watch out for 1975!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit