Blood issue and discipline

by lurk 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• lurk
    lurk

i'm interested in hearing if any of you have been made to leave the WTS or been discipline (sp!!) as a result of blood transfusion.

there are lots of posts on blood that im trawling through .....but im in such a hurry as this is part of a question ive been asked by an interested party ....i fear i may miss what im looking for so would greatly appreciate your help on this .

would really appreaciate anyone who can say if this has happened to them.and briefly how.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The elders threatened to DF me because I donated blood... I DAed instead.

• lurk
    lurk

Elswhere you donated? thats a new one for a JW.did you have to go to a disapilinary meeting?

thanks for the reply.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Some JW at work apparently saw me donate or saw me walking around with the bright arm bandage they put on everyone who donated. (I wore that think with a great deal of pride)

The elders came to my apartment and confronted me.

One asked: "Is it true?"

I said: "Yes"

This surprised them... they got an astonished look on their face like they didn't know what to say

After composing themselves one said: "Well, do you know that you could be DFed for that?"

I said: "Yes"

Again, they were very surprised... I was answering their questions with a simple "yes" every time.

One said: "Well, we are going to have to forma JC for this."

I said: "Don't bother... I'll just DA myself... I'll have a letter for you in a little bit."

Again, they were very surprised... and didn't quite know what to say. One of the elders happened to live next door to me in the duplex we lived in, so I just left the letter at his door.

Done deal.

• Richie
    Richie

We are all God's creation, one family on earth (Acts 17:24-29). Life is in the blood, and he is the life-giver. He sent his one and only Son to earth to die for the world of mankind, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Can this be rationalized with the Watch Tower's depiction of God, as one who enjoys seeing a believer die, for refusing medical treatment involving the transfusion of blood? I do not hesitate to suggest that God finds such human sacrifices, committed on the Brooklyn altar of the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, offensive and contemptible.

The human race is one family. All blood belongs to the Creator, as all life belongs to him. The misapplied Scriptures used by the WTS refer to animal blood. If they are to insist on using these few verses and applying them to human transfusions, then the proper application is that which prohibits the infusion of animal blood into humans. Our Creator would no more object to a blood transfusion to save the life of one of his creatures, than he would object to the breath of life being force-breathed by a paramedic into the mouth of a drowning victim. All breath belongs to him also. it is simply one of his human creatures, using an element of God-given life, trying to save the life of another. The human blood in a transfusion does not, nor did it ever, represent the sacrificed blood of Jesus. (Excerpt from the 4 Presidents of the WTS)

Richie :*)

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

I find it rather interesting that it tells you not to eat animal fat as well... yet, you don't see too many JWs picking the fat out of their meat, lol.

*thinks* Is that verse even IN the NWT? I read it in the KJ...

• Lee Elder
  • lurk
    lurk

lee elder thanks for those addys unfortunelty the person i was persauding to look took one look at this forum and thread the day after i posted and refused to look again or even read.

but your efforts were appreciated and ill keep the addys for another time.

Elsewhere it sounds like your mind as made up to go well before you gave blood .interesting how they offered to disapline and not DF....sound like you pulled the rug out from under there feet heheh.

Richie you say scripture is misapplied and refes to animals blood only.which few scriptures in particular are you talking about ??

kittie animal fat? oh heck another route of reading.....now i know i wont be able to ignore the fat comment lol

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

it seem the new light man says having blood is not a disfellowshipping offence

Its hard to keep up

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

I avoided JW discipline for receiving life-saving blood transplants by posting guards at my hospital door. The guards kept Hospital Liaison Committee members and other JW tattle-tails out of my room during the administration of blood products.

I would not be alive today and in "good-standing as a JW" were it not for keeping the snoops away. Unlike "worldly" hospital staff, private and employee JWs alike reveal confidential matters to others (read elders). Their conduct is despicable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit