Would You Stick Up For A Friend If They Were Being Dealt With Unjustly?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew many people in the congregation that were dealt with terribly. But most times, people were afraid to talk to the elders or were afraid they might get shunned by the more prominent ones in the congregation. So they closed their eyes to their own friends being treated poorly and carried on as if nothing really was happening. Some at the Hall were more concerned that they were going to be mistreated or kicked out of the clique and therefore said little to support those oppressed. If a body of elders wields a lot of power, even some Circuit Overseers are afraid to question the elders for fear that they might disrupt the status quo and get a negative phonecall to New York complaining about COs that don't mind their own business. I've seen at least 2 Circuit Overseers that had to apologize or "eat crow" because their "bosses" at the Service Department strongly corrected them about who they should mind their p's and q's with.....If you knew of or saw an injustice, were you willing to speak up and "be there'' for a friend or were you too afraid???

• shamus
    shamus

I would have, but I was "blissfully ignornat". I did not listen to such gossip; I was a good boy. There could have been injustices in our congo, but who knows?

If I did find out, I sure as hell would have. Especially if it involved one of my friends.

• minimus
    minimus

When people did question us, as elders, we had a pat answer. We said, "WE know all the facts.Just leave things in Jehovah's hands".....And what would God-fearing sheep say to that? Nothing!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I always seem to stick up for someone - but in the congregations, I never knew what was going on; and although I did not have a high opinion of many elders or servants, I actually believed Jesus was the Head of the congregation, and surely He would ultimately see that things were handled correctly. It was very confusing, of course, and discouraging, wondering why Jehovah and Jesus didn't seem to know what they were doing, or care what the brothers and sisters were doing.

But of course, now I get it....

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I helped a sister who was troubled by an elder. He had more then the normal interst in her, if you know what i mean, and he was married to a much older woman too! The C/O removed me as a servent, he said "if the eders couldn't help her, you should've" ..beleive it or not those were his very words to me! ..... at least the A**hole elder was also removed.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

a small typing error..i want to leave no doubt as to what the C/O said to me..... repeat "..if the elders couldn't help her, you shouldn't have.." That speaks Volumes.

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: If you knew of or saw an injustice, were you willing to speak up and "be there'' for a friend or were you too afraid???

No, but I've been trying to make up for it in the last six years!

How'm I doin'?

Farkel

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    Would You Stick Up For A Friend If They Were Being Dealt With Unjustly?

Only if I was willing to be deleted....

Pope

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

You bet I would. Unjustice, that was why I left the org.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Thats the reason why I was viewed as such a bad egg in the hall, if I saw something like that going on with one of my friends then I would help them sort it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit