avoiding apostates letter

by galaxy7 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

This is the first installment of my bible study actually a long letter about apostates its about 6 pages long

I guess this is a warning however its an interesting read.If you would like me to post the other pages let me know

PLEASANT memories invariably come to mind when we as Christians reflect on the time when we first learned the'

truth from God's Word. It was beautiful, reasonable, satisfying. How our hearts swelled with appreciation when we I

learned about Jehovah and his lofty qualities, including his great love and his mercy! We rejoiced when we came into

association with fellow believers who showed genuine Christian love and lived by Bible principles.

2 How thankful we were to learn that Jehovah will soon remove pain, sorrow, and even death. (Revelation 21:3, 4) ,

Imagine, living forever on a paradise earth, with perfect health and complete happiness! It was almost too good to be I

true. But it was true. It was backed by God's Word. It was thrilling! Undoubtedly, we felt just like Jesus' disciples I

when he appeared to them after his resurrection.They said to one another:"Were not our hearts burning as he was ~

speaking to us on the road, as he was fully opening up the Scriptures to us?" (Luke 24:32) Yes, on learning the truth I

and dedicating our lives to Jehovah,we found ourselves in a spiritual paradise.What a blessing!

3 But being in Jehovah's spiritual paradise is not something we can take for granted.We came into this paradise

voluntarily; we can walk right out (or be put out) if we go into unbelief or willfully violate Jehovah's righteous laws. Of

course,this will not happen if we keep strong the 'love we had at first,' if we continue to appreciate all of Jehovah's

provisions to keep us spiritually strong. (Revelation 2:4) But the Devil and other opposers of true worship are skilled in

deception. We should never forget that they stand ever ready to break our integrity if they can. Their propaganda is

designed to weaken our faith, to cool our love for God, to sow doubts in our minds-yes, to make the spiritual paradise

appear to be no paradise at all.

4 To borrow from a proverbial saying, we could come to the point where we would find it difficult, perhaps even

impossible, to see the forest of the spiritual paradise because of looking so closely.at the imperfect human trees now in

it. The thrill we had in learning the truth of God's Word, the grand hope we came to have, the love we developed for

God and our spiritual brothers, and the zeal we had for Jehovah's service can fade. If drastic steps are not taken to

reverse any such spiritual deterioration, soon God's loving requirements seem to be oppressive. The wholesome spiritual

food from "the faithful and discreet slave" may seem to be something contemptible, and the brotherhood

of loving servants of Jehovah may appear to be a household of enemies. Then the only satisfaction, of a perverted kind,

may come in beginning to beat one's fellow slaves with slander and half-truths.-Matthew 24:45-51.

5 Yes, we could not only lose the blessings of the spiritual paradise now but, more seriously, also lose the hope of

living eternally in the earthly Paradise. And we could lose out for the same reason that Adam and Eve lost the Paradise

of Eden. They had everything they needed to be perfectly happy and could have lived forever. But

independence-actually a different teaching-was more important to them than were obedience to Jehovah and the

blessings of Eden. Eve was deceived. While Adam was not deceived, he let the force of circumstances, including the

strong influence of his wife, cause him to sin also. Therefore, they were put out of Paradise, to live a miserable life until

their death. They lost the prospect of everlasting life for themselves and brought an inheritance of sin and death upon

their offspring. (Genesis

3:1-7, 14-19, 24; 1 Timothy 2:14; Romans 5:12) What a terrible price to pay for their so-called

independence!

6 The apostle Paul expressed this concern: "I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning,

your minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the chastity that are due the Christ." (2 Corinthians 11:3)

Paul found it necessary to write regarding some erroneous teachings.that were circulating in his day. In his second letter

to the congregation at Thessalonica, he wrote: "We request of you

not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be

excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the

effect that the day of Jehovah is here. Let no one seduce you in any manner."-2 Thessalonians 2:1-3.

Have No Dealings With Apostates

7 Now, what will you do if you are confronted with apostate teaching-subtle reasonings-claiming that what you

believe as one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not the truth? For example, what will you do if you receive a letter or some

literature, open it, and see right away that it is from an apostate? Will curiosity cause you to read it, just to see what he

has to say? You may even reason: 'It won't affect me; I'm too strong in the truth. And, besides, if we have the truth, we

have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test: In thinking this way, some have fed their minds upon apostate

reasoning and have fallen prey to serious questioning and doubt. (Compare James

1:5-8.) So remember the warning at

1 Corinthians

10:12: "Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall."

8 With loving help from caring brothers, some having doubts sown by apostates have recovered after a period of

spiritual turmoil and trauma. But this pain could have been avoided. At Proverbs

11:9 we are told: "By his mouth the

one who is an apostate brings his fellowman to ruin, but by knowledge are the righteous rescued." Jude told fellow

Christians to "continue showing mercy to some that have doubts; save them by snatching them out of the fire." (Jude

22, 23) Paul advised the overseer Timothy to instruct "with mildness those not favorably disposed; as perhaps God may

give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth, and they may come back to their proper senses

'Do Not Be QuicklyShaken From Your Reason'

"We request of you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be excited either through an inspired

expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us."-2 THESSALONIANS

2:1,2.

• joenobody
    joenobody

What a pile of horsesh*t.

I like how they raise the objection of some that "if we have the truth, we have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test" but in the next breath saying that has lead to serious questioning and doubt. Hello?!? Red flags should go up in front of Witnesses when they read this. They never once counter this reasoning and say that "of course while the truth will stand up to scrutiny" or anything along those lines. They in fact have subtly told the truth about what happens when you "test the truth" - you will raise serious questioning and doubts.

I want to show my mom this statement and point out what they are saying in plain english. Test the truth = serious doubt. There is no refutation of the actual contents of "apostate literature".

Amazing.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

You're reading it with wide open eyes, Galaxy. It has always amazed me that they are so hard on anyone that questions the Watchtower, when they ask everyone else to question their own religion.

It just doesn't make sense, like so many other things in Dobdom.

• Maverick
    Maverick

What I find interesting is that the WTS come out and say that if you read this information you may very well have doubts as a result. What could possibly be written that the truth of the WTS would be put in doubt? What are the RF not being told? Why should adult people fear anything detractors can say? Is the training and mental disciples of the WTS so superficial and shallow a mear letter will topple it? Maverick

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Concerned Mama, I feel the same as you! You're right on the money.

• Richie
    Richie

Little do they know that this letter written by the Watchtower is in actual fact APOSTATE. Sadly, the Witnesses do not recognize that their organization is utterly corrupt in every facet of life: spiritually, morallly while being dishonest and deceiving. Satan the devil uses his (other) spirit to direct his organization (Watchtower) to completely deceive people. It certainly is a case of the blind leading the blind, for no wonder, Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. Satan is so supernaturally intelligent that he is easily able to deceive the R & F into believing that they are the only ones on earth meriting "holiness" and that their organization is backed by God. Satan wants them to believe that because then they will be at his side. The interesting thing is, that when JW's leave the Witnesses, they usually do not turn to God at all or do not want to be affiliated with any Christian group by studying the scriptures properly. They are angry and despondent and want nothing to do with God, which suits Satan fine as then they are still on his side...

Richie :*)

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Soooo .... in other words ... you don't want to let yourself reason and think upon the facts ... because if you did start to have doubts you may voluntarily wish to leave the borg ... ... And leaving may be the healthiest thing you ever did for yourself!!!

So please continue to live in your filtered system of belief as we instruct you to ...

ESTEE

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Richie,

do you have any doubts about what you just said? like Satan being in control of the WTBTS?

• Richie
    Richie

First,

If it has been proven that God does not back this organization (and it has) nor does God approve of the people who are responsible for the dissemination of their beliefs, then the only one left is Satan. You are either for God or against God.

Richie :*)

• Room 215
    Room 215

Excuse me, but I don't understand the origin of this letter. Is this an official WT letter; and to whom was it sent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit