Just so confused.............

by desib77 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
  • Tuesday
    Tuesday

What helped me when I left was Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses, that site rules!!! Also Doc Bob's homepage is pretty good just due to the humor inlaid in the site. It has a good natured feel to it instead of the usual bitter stuff. Finally I guess my best advice is that if you're happier now than you were before who's to say you haven't found the right path.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Desib!!!

I started browsing this website almost a year ago. Was scared to death to view this site, being raised a JW...you know...you aren't suppose to be "here".

When I saw the Dateline Special (almost 2 years ago) about the Child Pedophile issues in the WTBS...my doubts started. How can I go from door to door, knowing that they are liable for the same things they told us the Catholics did (and how bad the Catholics are)...Hypocrisy....other issues came up after a move a year ago, as well, that prompted me to look at "this site".

I was rather pleased and almost dumbfounded to find that many people here felt the same about certain issues: I was not alone!!! That was the good news. I felt more comfortable here than at the KH.

My confusion came like yours: What is truth? How do I serve God? Where do I go from here? How do I start "over"?

I was able to meet some of the posters, and knew some of them in my JW life (wow...talk about feeling the same!)

Keep reading this site and some of the books recommended. There are some really great people here that really understand what you are going thru...

Looking forward to reading more posts from you!

Codeblue

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Desib77,

Welcome to our neighborhood!

I was raised a JW from about the age of 7, and I was in for about 20 years. I've been out now for aboout 25 years. I was a pioneer, MS, etc back in the day.

Have you asked yourself why you feel so in a rush to fill this "void" now? There's no hurry...

One thing you might want to do is read a bit.

Barbara Grizutti Harrison's book "Visions of Glory" can be read for free on-line here:

http://www.exjws.net/vg.htm

Ray Franz' "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" are two others you would benefit from.

The first thing you need to do is re-assure yourself that the Watchtower is wrong. Armageddon is NOT coming "any day now," and you do NOT have to obey the Governing Body for any reason.

What comes after that is entirely up to you.

I'm an atheist now.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey Desi, I just sent you a message. Feel free to respond to it at your leisure.

Warm regards,

Unclepenn

• desib77
    desib77

Unclepenn,

How do I check my messages? At the top of my screen it says there are 0 new messages in my inbox.

• Valis
    Valis

desi...sometimes it doesn't refresh so click the inbox and then try pressing the F5 button...That should fresh the inbox for you..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks...:)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hello and welcome.

Devon

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The first thing you need to do is re-assure yourself that the Watchtower is wrong. Armageddon is NOT coming "any day now," and you do NOT have to obey the Governing Body for any reason.

What comes after that is entirely up to you.

Truth 101.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit