Haven't you got anything better to do?

by tedcobb 54 Replies latest jw friends

• tedcobb
    tedcobb

Obviously a lot of you are no longer JWs, for whatever reason, but surely you can find something better to do with your time. You seem to spend a lot of your spare time slating the society or picking holes in your former beliefs.

If you've left and think what JWs believe is a load of rubbish, thtat fine, you cn do what you want, but why you have to go on about it? If being a JW means so little to you, why not just leave it behind and get on with your life? Instead you waste you time trying to undermine Jehovah's organisation as an apostate, as if you need to prove to yourself that falling away from the truth was the right thing to do. What you say isn't going to affect anyone with any sort of relationship or faith with God.

It is a great shame to see brothers and sisters how have given so much in service to Jehovah, not only give up, but trying to undo all their fine work. I enjoy being a part of Jehovah's organisation - the wholesome association, having meaning in my life etc. Even if people have had bad experiences in the past, Jehovah sorts it all out, even if it seems He is doing nothing, as I have seen for myself.

Either way, even if you think what I am saying is a load of rubbish, we will find out who is right in the end, won't we. So until then, if you don't want to be part of Jehovah's organisation so much, why not get yourselfs a life and do something useful with the time you have left.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Tedcobb,

The reason why these fools have nothing better to do is because they have no life. They are spiritually dead.

• COMF
    COMF

ROFLMAO!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I would say assisting people out of destructive groups such as the Watchtower is a good use of ones' time.

Jeff S.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Freddy boy, it seems to me that you are the one who has no life. Your 754 post prove it.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Talking about destructive, you are already destroyed.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Lilacs,

When someone is with Jehovah, they have life. So, this would leave out of the picture.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have a lot of components to my life. My work, my hobbies, my friends, etc. These are all important to me in varying degrees.

I spend a portion of my life on this web site. I have come to care about many of the people here. We share something in common. We have a common history that we talk about.

I agree that is would not be good to allow one's history as a Jehovah's Witness or any other history to rule one's present or future. But I think everyone looks back on their history as a way to determine what they want to do the same and what they want to do differently in their future in order to make it as rewarding as possibly.

I speak about my past, my present and my future here on this web site. I get emails from people who enjoy my posts and to let me know they agree or disagree with me on something. I love a discussion with people who share a common background. I have no friends away from this site who are former JW's so this is where I come to share my thoughts, hurts, joys, etc. with those I consider my brothers and sisters through shared experiences.

I think most of us are here for a similar reason to mine. At least this is the feeling I get reading most of the posters.

I would turn the question around to those who are still JWs? Haven't you got anything better to do? The great majority here have made up their mind that their spiritual path does not include being one of Jehovah's Witnesses, at least, in connection with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. However, having been witnesses we know that if one has chosen the Watchtower as one's spiritual path, that path does not include posting to exJW web sites.

Indeed, the counsel that we are aware that you receive is to spend as much time as you can studying the Bible and preaching to others. If you came here to preach the good news of the kingdom according to the Watchtower society, I suppose I could understand that to some degree.

But, really all you do is come here to call people names. I find that an odd use of one's time and in the end unfruitful.

I still wish you peace. I think JW's that come here, even if just to call names, are searching for something that is missing in their lives. I wish them well on their journey as I do those exJWs here.

peace hugs

Joel

• tedcobb
    tedcobb

Jschwehm,

You said that the organisation is destructive. How is it destructive? JWs are some of the most peaceful people on earth. We don't fight wars or bomb people, we are law abiding, in many ways serving Jehovah makes peoples lives better. We certainly don't waste our whining because we can't hack our old religion.

By the way, you username is really weird, why'd you pick it?

• tedcobb
    tedcobb

Point taken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit