TELL US YOUR LACK OF LOVE STORIES FOR THE LURKERS.

by shamus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

jgnat:

Your husband sounds like a sweet man, probably one of the few who bother with the widows in the hall. He should have been congratulated for bringing some laughter into their lives.

Bloody elders.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

SimpleSally,

Yes, I found that out eventually, after thawing. He's not quite evil enough. He's semi-evil. He's quasi-evil. He's the margarine of evil. He's the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough. That's why I now enjoy mini-me.

Lol.

• proandcon
    proandcon

In 1997, a book study was held in my home. I conducted. About 18 people were assigned including an assistant conductor, an elder. My wife's sister (a non JW) was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Being that she lived in a very rural area in NY and had limited funds and no health care insurance, we had her move in with us so we could care for her and take her to see oncologists hospitals (Mass General) in the city (Boston). She was in and out of the hospital undergoing chemo and radiation treatment for several months. When not in the hospital, she lived with us. being somewhat immobile, we got a hospital bed and set it up in my den on the first floor. A visiting nurse would come to the home several days to assist my wife and I in her care.

Any help from the FRIENDS....nada..nothing...no !!!

Oh, but we did get one thing...the other elder in the book study approached me once after a meeting and said that " some of the friends were uncomfortable at going to a book study in my home with this sick person there...(sick person...how about terminally ill; visited now by hospice).

The "sick person" was in another room and in no way any bother to any of the friends...as she was on morphine and mostly asleep.

So, I decided to get the other elders and immediately told them to stop the book study at my home and move it to some other location...asap...I suggested the other elders house (he was Pissed off) as he made the suggestion!!!

What a loving, caring group !!!! Jesus said you would know his disciples by the love they showed...

In my experience, like with all people, there are some really loving and caring ones and most of the rest will never have a clue...Love...if it's not self serving or convenient is a commodity largely lacking in the JW congreagtion.

I faded...after 15 years of "service"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit