You're welcome ...

by Simon 19 Replies latest forum announcements

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Nearly shopped for a new laptop, was sure mine faulty.......but it too cold outside so had a bath, and voila, laptop worked, well forum did, drive carefully over holiday season everyone and don't drink and drive.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry I was out shopping I did not get your message. Still Totally ADD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was out shopping..

It all works out..LOL!!..

• stillin
    stillin

Well, hell. You're, like, the Governing Body around here. So if you say "shop" I say "how much should I spend?"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

we just thought that the Holy Spirit had actually acted to stop us raving apostates!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I got some cheeze itz since I don't do much Christmas. And made cookies. So. . . thanks so much! Like peanut butter cookies?

• blondie
    blondie

I thought you were hacked.

Glad to see you back....I don't need help spending money though

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

You're so thoughtful!

• Zoos
    Zoos

Ah, spin. Watchtower has taught us well. ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I prefer going online, so I can get stuff not available locally that is usually better (and from smaller companies, that do better than crap mart). To do that, the adage is to mail early. To ensure a package arrives by Christmas, it should be sent by December 5. A card should be sent by December 15. True, you can get it much later--that is, unless everyone and their dogs swamp the system. In that event, there is a good chance of a delay that could cause you to miss Christmas.

If you meet the above deadlines, the "everyone and their dog swamped the system" excuse is not valid. And, a big storm, strike, or breakdown in one hub is not going to be able to stop you from getting the item on time. There is still plenty of time between December 5 and Christmas Eve to get your item routed around the problem or to fix the issue. Closer than that, there is the chance that, if the hub had a major computer problem or the power goes out there, it might not make it on time. This goes for shipping packages once you receive them, and the longer it has to travel, the more important it is to have it en route to its final destination by December 5 for packages and December 15 for cards (or even earlier, if your destination is across the ocean).

Bearing that in mind, I advise that even October is not too early to get your shopping done if you have a lot of gifts to be shipped across the country. Not to mention, if you have jokehovian family that is snooping, something shipped in September or October is less likely to arouse suspicion than waiting until December 15 or later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit