I was sent to the mental ward. Why?

by ColdRedRain 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

what drwtsn32 said - ditto!

What a lame thing to say, as if you haven't suffered enough. Looks like you have toxic people all around you and need to get away if possible. Things will improve.

I'm thinking about you - hugs.

A.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

One thing about the psych ward that I haven't found in my family are actually a group of people who would care for me unconditionally and they're not judgemental. They attribute my feelings of depression for what it is. A disease that needs to be taken care of, not a "spiritual weakness".

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

{{{{{CRR!}}}}}

"This is what you get when you go away from Jehovah."

Yeah, and these people made their own prophecy come true by their cult-like behavior........remember what happened when Jim Jones people tried to get away from him? He helped them kill themselves. Hon, I've been where you are, too! My ex, an elder still in good standing, remarried to a good JW woman, said the same thing to me five years ago when I began my process of breaking away from the Dubs and him. He even predicted I'd be in the gutter, without a penny to my name. The lifestyle was causing me severe, constant depression. I became depressed shortly after marrying him and stayed that way thru the whole marriage. I've done time with therapists and really slayed alot of emotional dragons, the WTBTS being one of them, with their conditional love. There are alot of great people out here, and especially on this site. I came here shortly after I got out too, and have grown to really love the people here. They know the whole range of emotions and thinking that goes with finally getting free from being oppressed by Dub thinking..........you will benefit greatly from the upbeat, wise, friendships and support you receive here. WELCOME!!! Stay and get to know us and let us get to know you, so we can help you!

Terri

• flower
    flower

(((hugs))) sorry to hear about your situation. been there, done that..although my family wasnt physically violent like yours they were abusive emotionally and mentally and i spent a week in a hospital due to the pressure and depression that goes along with being df'd.

you'll be a better person for this experience eventually. best thing you can do is start making plans and goals that do not include these abusive people. it'll be hard but worth it.

flower

• patio34
    patio34

ColdRedRain,

One thing about the psych ward that I haven't found in my family are actually a group of people who would care for me unconditionally and they're not judgemental.

You can pick your friends but not your family. Just because someone shares some of our genes doesn't mean we can expect much from them. That can be a liberator and take away some of the hurt the fellow gene-poolers can inflict.

I hope things get better for you----soon!

Warmly,

Pat

• Brummie
    Brummie

Cold you are a good guy, a survivor. You came through that episode stronger than they wanted you too. Chin up, if you can make it through that sort of JW shyte you can make it through anything.

Now grieve for your pa, their is healing in greif. My condolences to you bro. My prayer life is silch but I'll pray for you (hope that doesnt offend you).

[[[[[manly hug]]]]]

Brummie

• gespro
    gespro

I can identify...all too well and, I am so sorry.

This sounds like how I grew up. I'm having physical reactions while trying to type. The abuse [physical, emotional and spirtitual] is devestating. I DO know and remember how this feels. Please get someone in your corner immediately, someone who knows what's going on. You are your mother's AND BROTHER'S DUMPING GROUND.

I hope for the best. We are here to help.

g

• wildfire
    wildfire

COLD RED RAIN,,,, MY HEART JUST ACHES FOR YOU.... FOR I HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW ,,,, I HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF PSYCHE WARDS,, DEPRESSION,,, POST --TRAUMATIC STRESS.... IN A 10 YR RELATIONSHIP WITH A SOCIOPATH WHO CLAIMED TO BE OF THE ANNOINTED.....AND NOW I HAVE A SON (23) WHO WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA AND I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT ON A DAILY BASIS.... THIS BOARD WAS MY SALVATION... THE FRIENDS I HAVE MET HERE.. AND COMPARED MY LIFE TO THEIRS... MANY OF US CAN RELATE TO YOUR SITUATION ,,,,, COMING OUT OF A HIGH --CONTROL CULT IS NOT EASY.... BUT WITH ALITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS ( AS THE BEATLES WOULD SING) ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.... PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER IF YOU JUST WANT TO TALK ,,,,, P S.. I LIVE CLOSE TO YOUR STATE..... AND I AM TRYING TO MOVE TO A SUNNIER AND WARMER PLACE.... THATS MY PRESCRIPTION..... WINTER AND THE GRAY DAYS JUST SUCKLOVE YA ,,,, STAY STRONG ,,, WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YA SHALOM ,,,,, WILD FIRE

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

((((CRR))))

I don't know what else to say except that I hope things turn out better for you in the future.

'You will know them by their fruits'

Best

• Badger
    Badger

CRR...

You're luckier than you realize...a lot of people go into psych ward and don't come out....or come our really f'ed up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit