Nice encounter with a JDub

by BoozeRunner 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lonestar13
    Lonestar13

One of the worst parts about being DF'd is to have the minor unbaptized children shun you because their parents tell them that is the right thing to do. You can tell that as children it is so against their nature, but they want to "please" their parents and jehovah. It is totally sending the wrong message to children (adults as well, but as was said, more and more are starting to lighten up on their stance) who in the next breath would be told to mind their manners and respect their elders by speaking to them. No wonder so many JW "wonder children" self destruct in their teenage years.

I did have a nice encounter however, a sister who owns a business that I frequent still treats me as the valued and loyal customer that I am. As long as we don't talk about the KH or "da troof". Fine by me as I didn't talk about such things before getting d'fed anyhow.

LS

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Farkel, good insight and input as always.

Boozy

• Atilla
    Atilla

No, I think that to have a nice encounter with a Dub is a oxymoron-impossible. Everytime I encounter one from my past, there is this weird akward silence in the first few minutes and I immediately have to put up my defenses. There is a strange interaction because the dub is trying to figure out where I stand-am I in, or out and they are just going of roomers and Org. doctrine. Any dub I encounter now will be ripped a new a**hole, prepare to be demoralized and defeated in debate. No hard feelings.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Thus proving what, Atilla? That you can carry a grudge too? Jeez...

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Atilla, I know how you feel. The truth is, though, that most rank and file JW's are just following the party line. I have come to realize this. I am not making excuses for them, but the cult mentality of the Borg is quite strong and persuasive. Most dont even realize the brainwashing that they have been subjected to.

That is why I remain civil in any encounter. I try to remember that I was once in the same frame of mind.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit