OK, here's another "Hmmmm" bible-thread

by robhic 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

hornetsnest/LoneWolf:

I find the observation that the Bible came from the ancient Chaldean myths due to their similarities as disengenuous at best, particularly since they are written from opposite viewpoints.

And I would find your observation presuppositionalistic unless you actually specifically rebutt the evidence people cite to show that the Bible does probably draw from earlier beliefs such as those of the Chaldeans.

If you don't, you're essentially saying you're going to ignore an arguement you don't like (which anyone can do), as distinct from saying you can provide evidence that discounts an argument.

Of course I could say (regarding your argument);

"Well, interesting, yes, but not necessarily accurate. Hornetsnest repeats a very wide spread misconception that I've commented on a few times before on this forum."

But that would just be rude...

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It is quite a "stretch" to take the term "...become as one of us..." as proof of the Trinity. It is illogical too to suggest that YHWH was just talking to himself. If a "firstborn" of creation does exist, then this Princely person would possess the divine qualities that would make this expression reasonable. Or, even the angles may possess a commonality that YHWH shares. Regarding the "epics" that come from places like Babylon, there is no convincing evidence that these did not take the events of the Bible (including oral tradition) to produce their own interpolations...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Well, interesting, yes, but not necessarily accurate.

Yes I agree, but she even makes an inaccuracy sound interesting.. As do a lot of others here.

Brummie

• Flash
    Flash

"...rather than using the supposedly god-given discernment they have to distinguish fact from fable and to distinguish guidance to live our lives in a more spiritual manner ... and trying to worship god in spirit."

Good point Abaddon,

Proverbs 31:7 reads;

"Let one drink and forget one's poverty, and let one remember one's own trouble no more."

Is this text the 'inspired word of God?' I think NOT. IMO the bible is not inspired in the way we've been taught. I believe God's word is in there, just not every word in the bible is out of God's mouth.

• Love_Truth
  • Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

OK, I'm not sure what happened- I replied to your post but all of the text was omitted. Rather than re-type all that, here's the gist:

1)- There are numerous fallacies and conundrums in your assertions. I suggest you check this website out and see what I mean:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

2)- There are NO scriptures that state what you ASSERT they are saying- Go back and read Genesis with an open mind, particualarly Gen 3:8-13. Search for the words "God didn't know" and "apple" in the book, as well as any Scriptural proof for your other assertions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit