Our Daughter walks on her toes

by doodle-v 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Here's a new take on it for you Doodle V....

My oldest son had quite a tendency to walk on this tip-toes...when he was 5-6 as well.

When he was 6 and in Grade 1...his teacher called us in for a meet.

She wondered if we had been noticing it......

She told us.." That continual walking on his tip toes, was indication of a spatial problem.....Then she showed us some of his drawings of people..

Mostly stick sort of drawings.... but in all of them the circle head never was connected to the main body not the arms or legs...which she said confirmed her thoughts about the spatial distance problem. He was not grounded himself. ...

She actively kept on him in school while walking down the halls etc..and you could hear her say his name.. and continually told him.. "heels down"...."heels down.... We did the same at home..

REsults..he doesn't walk on his tiptoes anymore and his drawings all started coming together..

Interesting that at this same time was when we left the Borg.. It was traumatic for him ..as he lost his relationship with his grandmother and Grandfather and other J.W. family members.

His tiptoeing might have had something to do with not feeling "grounded"..

I know I certainly didn't feel grounded at that time..

I bet you'll find my post interesting....

By continually telling him.. "Heels down"... he became aware and was able to catch himself doing the tiptoe thing.

If you check her (your daughters) pictures let me know what you see.......or if there has been some upset that is bothering her.

When he walked on his tiptoes.. it was done unconciously. He wasn't doing it on purpose like dancing around or something...

sincerely

Special K

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I think i will take her in to the Dr. just in case. She doesnt walk on her toes as much as she used to since we've noticed the problem and always say walk on your feet when we see her tip toe walking.

Codeblue...that is so cute..ok i know you told me not to laugh but...hehe

Doodle-V

• skiz
    skiz

Both of my daughters walked on their toes but also with their toes curled under so that they were walking on their knuckles ( if that's the correct term when referring to the foot )

My oldest did it constantly. She would even frequently run on her feet knuckles and even jump up and down. Her younger sister did it only sporadically, every now and then. They are 11 and 8 now and neither have done it for many years

The youngest, a boy, never went thru that 'stage'

Check with the doctor. If she gets a clean bill, I would expect that she will grow out of it in time

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit